• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Lightroom 4 crash with Apple Mac?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Lightroom 4 crashes with Apple Mac when I try to import photos from the card (or from the camera if I connect the camera to the computer). I use an apple mac. This is new, it didn't use to do this.
Many thanks for your help,

Alexis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

You don't say what version of OS X you are using, but it you are using High Sierra, this is a known problem with LR 4 and High Sierra. More details are here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-high-sierra-compatibility/

The best solution is to upgrade your Lightroom to LR 6.14 or Lightroom Classic CC. Both of these options require you to pay money to Adobe for the newer software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say what version of OS X you are using, but it you are using High Sierra, this is a known problem with LR 4 and High Sierra. More details are here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-high-sierra-compatibility/

The best solution is to upgrade your Lightroom to LR 6.14 or Lightroom Classic CC. Both of these options require you to pay money to Adobe for the newer software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this, sadly this is the case, and I'll have to upgrade!

Best wishes

Alexis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines