• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 19.0.1 has not open CR2 files and not accept's edit from Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have working with bundle of Lightroom + Photoshop several years.

I have not changed my setup, camera or something else instead new version updates from Adobe.

Last version of Lightroom can't open file to edit in Photoshop and can't open it as Smart object. Command just has no effect.

Photoshop also when I select CR2 files to open has failed to open file with next message "Cannot open the selected item because the file could not be found."

Of course, files are already on disk and can be edited by using Lightroom only.

I use Canon CR2 files from my Canon 6D files that supported 3 years.

I already tried reinstall option for both of programs. Search in internet solutions etc.

Could someone know how I can fix this issue?

I'm working on Mac Book Pro Late 2013 with MacOS High Sierra.

Thanks

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not install Lightroom and have no trouble opening CR2 files into  Photoshop through ACR as a smart object Layer.    A Lighrooom developed CR2 file would also be opened into Photoshop as a Smart object layer though  ACR since Lightroom's develop module is not a Photoshop Plug-in.  I think you should seek help in the Lightroom forum Lightroom

How are you selecting CR2 File in  Photoshop that they are not found?  Does the message state what file is not found. CR2 or Sidecar file if Lightroom processed the CS2 files. Are there sidecar files in the folder with the CR2 files?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very happy about your possibility to open files. But I need my full functionality to collect my files in Lightroom catalog an edit it in Photoshop.

I'm FW engineer and 46 years old, could you please don't answer me about way of opening files?

It will decrease length of our discussion.

I'm opening file using open button. I see immediately the message.

Lightroom doesn't creates CR2 files - this cannon output RAW files format.

Photoshop also has a problem to open tiff files and just open jpg and psp.

It started right now, after some last update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to help you.  CR2 file are created by Canon Cameras Photoshop and Lightroom may update the cr2 files metadata and also create sidecar files.   I wrote I do not install Lightroom and I do not have trouble opening my CR2 file the big difference between you and me is Lightroom and our Canon Cameras.  I'm inclined to believe your problem is related to your use of Lightroom.  Not related to your CR2 files from your cameras  but your CR2 files may have updated metadata from Lightroom.

Can you open CR2 files in Photoshop that you have not used Lightroom on.  Yes an Update may have added some bug.  You did not mention Tiff files before.  I would also think your Tiff files were created by Lightroom.   I think your problem may be in Lightroom  not in Photoshop. Are you having problems with all jpg file or just the  one updated by lighrroom.

If you are having troubles with Photoshop Preferences files PsP files you may have some folders permission problems on your system.

I'm 77 years old not an engineer though  I did have a title system engineer at one time I been using, programming or repairing computers for over fifty years and Photoshop for over twenty years.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry JJ, but if you are looking for some price about your 77 and 50_ years computer repairing - this theme is not a good destination.

I just say stop speak with me like with little child, not for some other reason.

You are not right in you conclusions, because i was already wrote about issue - Lightroom is not a point of contact.

In first message you can see I was use uninstall for both programs.

But it does not matter - i found this issue.

New Apple OS has changed SSD file system to new. APFS or somthing like that.

Photoshop has some troubles to use files that already present on disk. Only restart fixes this issue.

So for my issue closed.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines