• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I create a watermark in Lightroom CC (not Classic)?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I create a watermark in Lightroom CC (not Classic)?

Wie erstelle ich in Lightroom CC (nicht Classic) ein Wasserzeichen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

You don't.

Lr CC version 1.1 is just barely 90 days old.

The line for feature requests, I'm sure, is long.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't.

Lr CC version 1.1 is just barely 90 days old.

The line for feature requests, I'm sure, is long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many Thanks. I thought so. Only I can not understand that of Adobe. That should be standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create one in PS or LR Classic can it be added to the photos in Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthew272650637d48    Explain your question in more detail.

"Create one in Ps"- Do you mean -Design a Watermark in Ps, or Add a watermark to an image in Ps? Yes to both.

"Create in Lightroom-Classic" - Design-Yes.  EXPORT a new derivative image file with a Watermark - Yes.

"added to the photos in Creative Cloud"- No. Photos referenced by LrC and Lr (stored in the Cloud) are never changed. Watermarks can only be added to exported derivative images.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very new to all of this. Trying to create a watermark and then make sure it shows shows up on any exported photo. Also, if you send an invite to someone, and give them permission to download, will the watermark show up on any photo they download? Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Matthew272650637d48 

"if you send an invite to someone, and give them permission to download, will the watermark show up on any photo they download?"

No.

TBMK The work-around is :  You would need to Export a copy of an image to another derivative file, incorporating your watermark. This 'exported copy' you would need to import to your Catalog in an Album and Share this Album of the exported images (with their watermark).

Effectively you need two versions of the photo in your Catalog- 1) The original image, and 2) the copy with a watermark (to share).

Original image, and a Copy with a watermark-

2022-11-23 14_00_33-Lightroom.jpg

Or you could [Edit in Photoshop], add a (fancy graphic ) watermark in Ps, and [Save] to have a 'copy with watermark' automatically added back into the Lr Catalog. Share the 'copies' from an Album specifically with the watermarked versions.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Rob,
Thank you for the help. Really appreciate your insight and willingness to help.
Regards
Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines