• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freezes While Publishing to FTP

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built a new site and I have attempted to upload it to FTP 5 times now and it keeps freezing at 96% while it says it's creating the assets folder. I have made several sites on Muse before and I haven't had this occur consistently. The other sites I made upload just fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you succeed to create a free temporary site on businesscatalyst („Publish“ button top right of Muse‘s Application window), I‘d assume, this is a permission issue on the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot publish this particular site to business catalyst because it contains adult content. Ever other site I have created was published to ftp without any problems and I never published those to BC either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems, that Muse can‘t create the „assets“ folder for whatever reasons. Lack of permissions may be one possible reason.

• What happens, if you „Export to HTML“ (Menu „Files“) on your hard drive?
  • What happens, if you use a FTP application and go directly to your web space, delete all already uploaded files manually, and upload the exported files Using the FTP application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported to HTML and that was fine. If I delete the current files from ftp and upload them manually, will that affect the typekit fonts and other external fonts I used in the site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same files are hosted (stored) regardless if you use the Muse builtin FTP client or an external (manual in your words) one.

Either method puts the exact same files on the Host server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This won‘t affect TypeKit fonts, but it will affect the inbrowser editing capabilities. So I‘d suggest, that you make a minimal change in your .muse file and try to re-publish your site using Muse‘s built in FTP command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported the html and uploaded the files manually from my hosting provider. There are a few problems that I fixed in the muse file and tried to upload the update from muse and the same exact thing happened. It froze at the 96% mark of the upload to FTP. Most of the content is up and I only changed a few files but I still am getting frozen out of muse every time I try to use the built in FTP command and end up having to force quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I can't upload it to BusinessCatalyst because I get this error message: Associated site is not available to this user

I followed the steps in this forum and I still get the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd really appreciate some sort of solution. It continuously freezes at 96% while creating the assets folder. It doesn't allow me to publish to BC. I created a separate test site that I successfully uploaded to BC, then quit and re-opened Muse and still got the same error message when I tried to publish to BC.

Are these forums the only support Adobe offers for Muse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ankushr40215001​ or Preran​, could you possibly have a look at this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message. We will get in touch with you for investigation. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines