• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing arrows and rectangles in Adobe Premiere CS5 movieclips

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In modern football analysis in TV-studios you can see the use of arrows and rectangles when the football experts are looking more closely to special situastions in a football match. Often you can get the feeling that the players in these movie situations are placed above the arrows and rectangles. In the football club that I'm a member of, we often record the football matches that our teams are involved in, and analyze them afterwards. Is it possible to place arrows and rectangles directly into a moveclip in Adobe Premiere CS5? And how is this done? Has this anything with the use of effects to do?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Premiere Elements to Premiere Pro... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Put an image of an arrow or rectangle (download one or create one in Photoshop) on a video layer above your video.

Keyframe its motion to follow the player.

Depending upon the type of movement in the video, it may be better to use After Effects for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put an image of an arrow or rectangle (download one or create one in Photoshop) on a video layer above your video.

Keyframe its motion to follow the player.

Depending upon the type of movement in the video, it may be better to use After Effects for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

You're mentioning that After Effects can be used for this, but what kind of After Effects? There's a lot to choose between.

I guess that the movieclips will be paused when the arrows or rectangles will be put into it, so to use it above the video layer could be the  solution I'm looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects is another program, which (as far as I know) comes with Premiere Pro

Go to After Effects for more information

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/John+T+Smith  wrote

After Effects is another program, which (as far as I know) comes with Premiere Pro

It doesn't come with Premiere Pro, but they can be used together with Dynamic Link.  After Effects is included in the All Apps CC plan.

Plan on allowing a lot of time to learn it.  It has a huge learning curve and is not intuitive, but is extremely powerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines