Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Communities: Integrate Community Profile Data with Third Party

Level 2

Hi Folks,

We are using AEM 6.2. We have enabled Communities and available only for the logged in users (members). The members profile data is stored in Salesforce.

When I see Communities dashboard, groups or social activities, it displays User name, Avatar, email etc from Communities profiles. Is there a way where I can integrate member profile data with Communities profile so that all the user information like avatars etc are automatically loaded. Or is there a mechanism to import users from external system or csv file in communities?

Like in AEM we can see user info under /home, for communities users info, is there any location where I can navigate?

Thanks & Regards,

Manish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Manish

multiple options here:-

if you are authenticating on AEM communities via an external IDP , probably you can sync your user information at the time of authentication happening from the external system and bring your user profile data along and map those to AEM user profile fields.

Communities users in AEM are also stored under home/users and home/users/community. You may look at the option of a custom scheduled job to sync between your salesforce user data and AEM user profiles if that suits your needs.

You can also explore extending the user profile . Refer - Extend the User Profile Information in Communities Components

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Manish

multiple options here:-

if you are authenticating on AEM communities via an external IDP , probably you can sync your user information at the time of authentication happening from the external system and bring your user profile data along and map those to AEM user profile fields.

Communities users in AEM are also stored under home/users and home/users/community. You may look at the option of a custom scheduled job to sync between your salesforce user data and AEM user profiles if that suits your needs.

You can also explore extending the user profile . Refer - Extend the User Profile Information in Communities Components

Administrator

Checking this with internal experts.
-kautuk

Kautuk Sahni