I have lightroom CC on a decent PC (4700K, 16GB ram, ssd system, 200/20 network) but am struggling with 'import' within Lightroom CC
* I use the + button to navigate to a folder on my SD card which contains 95 NEW raw 12MP images
* I use 'select folder' on the parent of that so as to import all images
* I get the preview window appear quickly, and click to import
* I then see 'Importing ...' top left, but with an empty progress bar, and 10 mins later no change
* This also occurs if I first copy the photos to disk & then run the import from there
Lightroom classic used to import just fine ........
From the questions you ask it's obvious you are using Lightroom Classic CC.
This forum is for Lightroom CC (Creative Cloud)
Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app << Try there
If planetf1 is hitting a plus button this is definitely Lightroom CC and not Classic. In Classic you hit "import". Don't known why this is happening but I would log out of creative cloud entirely, reboot the computer, and log back in. This seems to fix strange import issues in CC for me.