• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer allowed to use Develop Module in Perpetual Licence LR5 - Help Needed Please

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating System:Windows 7

Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):LR 5.7.1

I had to reinstall LR 5 after an enforced computer wipe. I installed from the disc I bought and then updated to version 5.7.1 from the Adobe website. Each time I click to open LR I am asked to put in the serial number for version 5 from the disc, then from the version 4 disc (because version 5 was bought as an update). I don't know why this has happened but I have put up with it for the couple of times I have used LR since the computer wipe.

However, yesterday I logged in using the process above and imported 4 images to work on. However, I now get the message from Lightroom when I try to use the Develop Module

"Develop module is disabled. Please purchase a license to reactivate the Develop Module."

I am now completely confused and rather annoyed. I paid for LR4 and the upgrade version to LR5.

Any advice how to get the Develop module back would be appreciated. I have never done the monthly subscription to LR so there is no way it thinks I have cancelled the monthly subscription and thus removed the use of the Develop module for that reason. Sorting out the need to input serial numbers every time would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance of any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Click the UK link below, sign-in and wait for the page to fully load.

Select Lightroom

Choose licensing and activation

Click the blue button “show me my contact options”

Click Chat  24/7

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response but my problem is with LR that I purchased, rather than subscribed to. I have never had a CC subscription. Therefore, I can't renew my membership. The messsage I am getting is

"Develop module is disabled. Please purchase a license to reactivate the Develop Module."

I have already purchased a license!

How do I deal with this problem? Please help. I should not be being forced to purchase a license again!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 21tones,

As you have mentioned you have a perpetual license of Lightroom 5 which has been deactivated as the develop module doesn't work anymore, please try the steps given in the thread shared by kglad, as those steps will help resolve the issue for standalone license as well.

You may also try the troubleshooting given in the following help document to confirm that this is not a connection issue: Resolve connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I'll work through the 3 suggested solutions in order, but am not confident trying the technical ones! What is my Adobe ID?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that Lightroom thinks you are running the CC version or a trial version. Try signing out and signing in again.

Launch Lightroom and go to the menu: Help >> Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Re-launch Lightroom and click the button “Sign In Now”

Click the button “License This Software”

Enter serial number & click Next

Lightroom should  launch as LR5 perpetual

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon - thanks for your response. When I go to the Help Menu there is no option to Sign out. If I click on Lightroom Help it takes me to the Adobe site and the Lightroom Classic CC User Guide. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means the software is not activated. You should see your email address under the help menu. Go to Help >> System Info and let us know which version is installed.

Try sign-in again and remain signed in at all times. You can still use the software off-line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe ID is the email address registered with us, under which you might have registered your Lightroom purchase.

If you are not comfortable trying the technical steps on your own, then I would recommend you to contact our Chat/Phone support team here: contact-bumper, We'll need to hop on a remote session to troubleshoot this further.

Also see: Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon

This what the system info says

Lightroom version: 5.7.1 [994254]

License type: Perpetual

Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition

Version: 6.1 [7601]

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 3.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 8080.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8080.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 246.1 MB (3.0%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 215.9 MB

Memory cache size: 0.0 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1

Library Path: C:\Users\User\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom 5 Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

When you say sign in what do you mean? Previously I have just clicked on the LR shortcut and everything worked fine. Now I have to put in my serial number for the LR5 and LR4 versions before I can even get in to LR. Then when I do the Help Menu doesn't show the things you say it should e.g. e-mail address etc.

I am utterly confused!

Bani Verma _ I am in the UK and don't want to call the phone line as it will cost a fortune. I have tried to get on to live chat but it tells me it is not available

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Live chat is 24X7 , please try using a different browser or clear the cache and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the UK link below, sign-in and wait for the page to fully load.

Select Lightroom

Choose licensing and activation

Click the blue button “show me my contact options”

Click Chat  24/7

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions but the webpage says Chat is currently closed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK that could be product based as LR5 is no longer officially supported. Did you ever click sign-in from the Lightroom help menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no option for sign in under the help menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try chat again using my link, but instead of choosing Lightroom choose:

Account Issues

Adobe ID and signing-in

Is Chat then available? You should also be able to click the Phone button to see a UK support number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK tried that route and chat is still not available. I can see the UK phone number. Is it best to try that rather than carrying on here?

If so, thanks for your help - much appreciated. Just a thought though - will they assist me if I have LR5 perpetual license if it is not supported any longer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be able to assist, but make it clear at the outset that you need help with activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent a lot of time waiting to get through to someone today but not managed it.

Frustrating!

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again

(PS - I also need to reinstall PS Elements after my enforced computer wipe and now anticipate the same difficulties as I am having with LR unfortunately)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should not be the same problem with PSE as it has never been part of Creative Cloud. You can download here and validate with the serial number commencing 1057, either from your disk or from your Adobe account.

Download Photoshop Elements | 2018, 15, and 14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to let you know what happened.

This was really puzzling. The programme seemed to be activated fully after I reinstalled and then wasn't!

After 3 phone calls to Adobe I had to let one of their technical people take

remote control of my computer. They deleted lots of stuff related to Lightroom, beyond the straight uninstall/reinstall I had already tried at their suggestion

For now it seems to be working. (But it did this before and then disabled the Develop module - let's hope that doesn't happen again!)

Thanks for your patience in trying to help me sort this out. I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines