• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro is SUPER glitchy...

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro (CC, v12) started being so glitchy today that I can't even use it.

As you can see in the video below, I drop the clip into the space to create a timeline...nothing happens...it seems to create a timeline, but it's seemingly invisibile until I hit the spacebar to play it (which I don't do in the video).  When I hit space, t'll play but I can't click on anything in the timeline.

I also can't click any of the tabs at the top.  (Audio, Color, etc)

Is there any solution to this?  I have things I need to get edited!!

Please see video here:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Reset the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try updating or rolling back your video driver directly from the card manufacturer's site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset might have done it.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it seems to not have worked after all.  Whether I open a project or create a new one, the timeline doesn't show up, I can't click on "audio, color", etc at the top, scrubbing doesn't work right, waveforms aren't loading...it's totally useless now and I have no idea why.  Video here:

Dropbox - 2018-01-21-1603-32.mp4 

I even went as far as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

I don't know what to do now.  Any other ideas?  I haven't updated my graphics driver in quite a while so I highly doubt rolling that back will change anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rmp5s  wrote

Any other ideas?  I haven't updated my graphics driver in quite a while so I highly doubt rolling that back will change anything.

Try updating it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was the first thing I looked at.  Says it's up to date.  I just completely uninstalled, then reinstalled Premiere Pro, anyway and it's still screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rmp5s  wrote

That was the first thing I looked at.  Says it's up to date.

If you did that in Windows and Windows told you that, don't trust Windows to give you the correct answer.

Go directly to the video card manufacturer's site to check for the latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, you meant GPU drivers...I was talking about Premiere Pro itself.

Yes, GPU drivers are up to date as well.  Premiere is still a mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about rolling back the GPU drivers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would really rather not.  Doing that risks causing a hundred other problems and it may not even fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've occasionally had to roll back a video driver. In well over a decade, I've not had any issues from doing so. Took 5 minutes to do, and if it didn't work, no more to undo.

And several times it got me running.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well...it seems to have remedied itself.  For now, at least.  I didn't do anything else, nothing updated or got rolled back...nothing changed that I know of, but everything seems to be back to normal.  So...yea...I'm not going to question it too much and hope it lasts.  lol

Thanks for everyone's assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines