Lightroom Classic CC, still have Lightroom CC (2015) installed on computer (not sure if this could interfere)
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6 (2013)
Try to import CR2 files from SD card - files show in import screen but then will not import
If i select only a few images, it might import 1 or 3 or 5, but will not import them all.
Some import operations were not performed.
The following files were not imported because they could not be read...or the destination folder is not writtable......."
Then lists ALL files on CF card
I tried copying CR2 files to a temporary folder on my desktop but get exactly the same message.
I am able to set up a tethered capture to the same location on the computer and on the same memory card and this works with no issue.
I've tried transferring the images to the Desktop, an external harddrive, have used a different cable to connect the camera and all the same issue.
The images it did manage to transfer are not corrupted.
This issue started happening around the time I updated to the Lightroom Classic CC.
My thoughts are possibly the SD card is on the way out and having issues? Though it never has issues while shooting. Perhaps using a card reader instead of cable could help?
Things you need to consider-
1) Check the "Destination" folder you have selected in the Destination Panel. Does it have full Read/Write Permissions?
2) Is the destination hard-drive “full” and won’t accept more files.
3) If you are also making a backup copy as you import, is the backup destination drive “full” or not available (eg. an external USB plug-in drive)
4) The files may already exist in the catalog and you have ticked “Do not import duplicate files” in the import dialog.
5) Are there any 'illegal' characters in the filenames? (unlikely from the camera card)
Lack of full "Permissions" is often the most common problem for this error message.
it might import 1 or 3 or 5, but will not import them all.
Very strange! but no answer-sorry!