• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk behaviour - arms detaching, too much bend in knees

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've set up a puppet with handles (& added pins to keep the arm attached when bending the elbows). When I added a walk cycle, one arm detaches, and the other bounces away from the shoulder.  

My knees are also bending a bit too much but I can't see anywhere to control that.

Hoping you can help! Here are links to a .mov file & some screenshots of the relevant puppet groups so you can see the walk & my setup.

Screen Recording 2018-01-16 at 11.47 am.mov

Image 2018-01-16 at 12.05.14 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the question I came here to ask. My problem is the knees bend way too much. All my characters get way too close to the ground when they start walking and look like David Byrne in the "Once In A Lifetime" video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The original question about arms etc detaching from the body is probably because there are wrist tags up near the shoulders.

Have you tried experimenting with the "Strength" settings of the Walk Behavior? Might we worth a shot. The other thing to look at is the relative placement of the handles - e.g. where the hips are relative to the waist etc. I would try moving them around a little to see if it makes a difference.

Posting a screenshot of where your handles are could help as well (like the original post). I do recall others having the same problem, but things like fixing the relative position of the Neck to the Head could improve things unexpectedly - I just fiddle and see what happens with changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines