Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paid Add-Ons

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -

I was going to purchase a add-on for Photoshop. Are the paid add-ons a monthly charge or a one time charge?

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

What Al Sparber said is not the full answer. Paid add-ons can be a one time price, or subscription based, either monthly or annual, in addition to free. Some of the free Add-ons are free in terms of the CC component but you pay for the wider solution. So it's certainly a mix. If you are just starting out with Add-ons I would start with a free one, so you experience the process to acquire and install and then look out for a paid one that meets your needs.

As for what Al said about the developer sites being cheaper, we hope that is not the case. Partners are certainly able to change the price and ideally match the prices they sell elsewhere, but it's up to them.

I hope that answers your question.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Al's posts were deleted, so I guess we'll never know.... but yes, buying directly from a major extension developer is usually less expensive, support is far better, updates more timely, and in case of emergency support issues you can pick up the phone and speak to someone expert in the product's use. None of these are features of the Adobe Add-On Store. They should be. They could be. But they are not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines