Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

feather problem

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

My English is very bad, I'm sorry for this.

I am 3d artist, today I faced such a problem.

When the masking parameters are softened feather the mask parameters, this PSD begins to be processed in MAYA tens of times longer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is difficult to work out your problem from your short post.  Please explain your issue in as full a fashion as you can manage.  Use your own language if it is easier, and we will use the translator. But please give us lots of details

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis

Good afternoon. Thanks for answering, then I will continue in Russian.

На данный момент я проверил это уже на 2 х компьютерах и везде баг воспроизводится.

При работе с текстурой 1024х1024 px она обычно загружается в других программах очень быстро думаю за 0,5 секунды.

Но если добавить к слою маску, а ее растушевать с помощью feather (на скриншоте) то MAYA начинает загружать текстуру порядка 20-30 секунд. Я  точно уверен что раньше этого не наблюдалось и появилось только недавно.

Программы которые я использую это

Photoshop CC 19.0

Autodesk Maya 2018.1

bug_PS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

shacr0w  wrote

Trevor.Dennis

Good afternoon. Thanks for answering, then I will continue in Russian.

I have checked this on 2 computers and everywhere the bug is reproduced.

When you work with 1024 x 1024 texture px, it is usually loaded into other programs very quickly. (about 0.5 seconds)

But if you add a layer mask and feather using Mask Properties  (screenshot) that MAYA begins to load the texture 20-30 order seconds. I know for sure that this has only started happening recently.

The program that I use is

Photoshop CC 19.0

Autodesk Maya 2018.1

bug_PS.jpg

Thanks for the fuller description of your issue.  I am not personally familiar with Maya but I understand that it is 3D modeling and animation software.

Maya | Computer Animation & Modeling Software | Autodesk

How is the Maya texture input into Photoshop?

What is the tie-up between Maya and Photoshop?

What format is it exported out of Maya?

How are you placing the texture into the layer mask?

Does the delay only occur when you adjust the Feather slider in Mask Properties?

I understand that the texture is 1024 x 1024 pixels, but what is the document size in pixels?

Does Photoshop perform OK in other respects with this document?

It would help to know what operating system you are using?

And a bit about your computer hardware spec. We usually ask people to go Help > System Info > Copy and paste to this thread.  It looks like your Photoshop user interface is in English, so it would still be useful to have this information.

You don't need to answer _all_ of the above questions.  I have phrased the questions in different ways to hopefully help with the language issue

удачи

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines