• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Issue with Captivate 2017.

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have currently upgraded from Captivate 8 to Captivate 2017. When I publish the project to a MP4 file, the some parts of the audio return an echo- sound track repeats itself. Has anyone come across this issue before? Please help

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not encountered that before, but there are reports of such oddities when upgrading projects, especially when not just from the immediately previous version.

Couple options:

Publish to SWF just to see if the issue remains. Is this something that happens JUST with MP4 export, or happens with SWF export too?

If your project isn't huge, open a new project, ensure the screen dimensions and preferences are the same, and try copy/pasting all slides from the upgraded 2017 version into the new project. It may take some adjustment to make it perform exactly like the original, but in the meantime you can at least do a quick publish test to see if the audio issue remains a problem in the new version.

Otherwise, how bothersome would it be to remove the audio tracks from each slide and re-add/sync them from the audio files in the library? Hopefully your audio files are well-titled, noting which file goes with which slide...  Maybe try a such a replacement on a couple slides that show this problem, republish, and see if remove/re-adding the audio layers helps resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Erik for your feedback. The solution worked for one project but not for another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem when publishing to MP4, the audio echoes or sometimes just disappears.  I have re-recorded, even created a new project and still some slides error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This option worked for me. I created a new file and copy&paste the slides. Works properly and the new file is not have any problem. Regards. Marco

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall that by nudging the audio a few milliseconds out on the timeline on each slide this can help with this or related issues. It has something to do with creating a small break between each audio file that prevents audio problems from occurring.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does work in some instances. I believe where i am still having the audio compression issues is when a button is clicked within the video demo prompting another screen to display. This pop screen seems to effect the continuous audio on the video causing that echo. I've tried saving the course as a video and straight to You Tube as well, the same audio distortion happens intermittently throughout. The only thing i can think to try next is to re-record the video in pieces segmenting where the next screen will display. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, that could be the reason, due to the loading of the audio. Smaller is better at least for audio in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need to re-record, try recording with a different program (i.e. Audacity), save as .wav, then import that audio file.

I've not had many audio issues at all (knock wood) but I also almost never record audio within Captivate. I much prefer the quality and editing features available in a dedicated tool like Audacity or Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all. I tried recording in Audacity and importing it. I was so hopeful, but unfortunately, my audio is still doubling. I'm going to scrap the entire project and start fresh. I'll use audacity this time too.

My only concern is that this is an unsolvable problem. I'm also experiencing a runtime error R6025 - along with the doubling. In the other thread it mentioned the doubling combined with the runtime error and stated that there was an issue between Windows10 and Captivate 9 and later. I just upgraded to Captivate 2017 from 8 (did not experience any problems with 8).

I have over 20 videos throughout an application that serve as simulation/help for the platform. I'm so concerned by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no issue between Win 10 and Captivate 9 or 2017 that I am aware of. 

But what you have to remember is that Windows 10 runs on a lot of different brands of computers and they all have their own set of proprietary hardware drivers. 

I have run Captivate 8, 9 and 2017 on both Windows 7 and Windows 10 without getting the issue you speak of.  So perhaps you might try updating your audio and video drivers to see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider using 'Amazon Polly'. This application is available through Amazon and is fast to use. It's text to voice allows you to type snippets, save the file off as an audio wav, then drag and drop it on the slide it's dedicated for. click timeline, when on the slide to view the wav file length. I add ~1 second at the beginning and at the end of the audio file, to avoid audio overlap and this gives a less choppy join between the slides, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. Will look into it.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image, which you can find several times in the forum, will solve the possible issue that Captivate is seeing all audio clips as one big project audio file, and synchronizeing is going awry. Audio files are big and have to be loaded on Enter for each slide. Avoid long slides and long audio clips. I dont think this type of gap will however solve the question about echo from the OP:

AudioGap.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue and desperately trying to find a solution.

Can I ask what you mean by long? My slides are about a minute or a bit more each. Is this considered too long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always try to keep them shorter, rarely over 30secs. It depends on many factors to say if this is too long, but certainly for responsive projects I keep slides as short as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!  I came across this thread when I was having audio issues only on IPads with a Captivate 2017 course.  The course was working fine on a desktop published only as HTML5.  When viewed on an iPad I had issues with the audio randomly dropping out and coming back in.  I also had issues with the course communicating back to our LMS and marking as complete.  This solution of moving the audio from either side of the timeline a bit solved BOTH of my problems!  Thank you! Lilybiri​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continued to have this issue after many varied attempts and research of the technical requirements vs. those of my machine. After finding that my machine met (or exceeded) all requirements I opened a chat with Technical Support.

According to the technical support agent, this is a known issue having to do with screen resolution and the scale of the project. It had nothing to do with the length of the audio clips per slide, what program I was recording audio with, etc.

If others are running in to this problem, changing the scale of my project to a standard vs. custom size solved both the runtime error I was receiving and the audio doubling. It's unfortunate that this known issue hasn't been communicated. It's also unfortunate the visual quality of my project had to be reduced to publish correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?! I've never heard that one before. Thank you for sharing it!

What was the custom size you were using? Was it a really odd proportion?

I can't imagine why the dimensions of your project would cause this issue...

If this indeed is a known 'bug', Adobe should put up an tech article on it.

Most my projects are default sizes but I certainly do custom sizes too...I'd be annoyed and stumped if I came across this, just as you surely were.

Thank you for posting this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is an odd custom size (2254 x 1328). I pressed the technical support agent on the "why" but he just kept saying that it is a known issue but didn't give any details. I'm just so relieved to have a work around. I was so frustrated for about 2 weeks so I just wanted to share in case this may solve the issue for others.

Thanks for all of the advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I came across this while searching for issues I am having with Audio (question posted a couple of days ago)

I have tried moving the audio to leave a gap either side on the slide which was suggested. This work around is ok for Audio added to slide but the issue I am having is Audio added to captions on Video demo's the last three words are not being heard.

I am new to this so any technical advise would be gratefully received

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is indeed a different situation. Is the caption timed to be a bit longer than the duration of the audio clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I have checked and the caption stays on the
screen for a couple of the seconds after the audio attached to it has finished.

I am so confused as the same slides in a different
project work fine. for this project as said previously I renamed the first project ad removed any slides that the second group of users wouldn't need to see.

Do you think it is anything to do with the way I have
published this project.

What would be the correct way/settings for
publishing the project to our LMS.

I used HTML/SWF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publish only to HTML, please. Unless you really have any reason to need SWF? I experience issues with multiscreen.html since quite a while, never publish to both at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question:  Have you cut off all sound BEFORE and AFTER the audio in your clips?  If you remove or trim the audio from clips you can sometimes experience this 'clipping' issue.

I usually try to have around a half second of very low audio before and after my voiceover.  I don't clip off the beginnings and ends.  I just reduce the sound level down to almost nothing by editing the audio volume of those beginning and ending bits in Captivate.

However, if your audio voiceover is generated from TTS rather than a genuine human voice, then this becomes more problematic as the TTS audio clips have no audio level before or after the voice and then the clipping problem can resurface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources