• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Luminance range masking in ACR and Lr

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my apps are up to date but I don't have the abovementioned tool appearing when I open a graduated filter.  Any idea why??  This is what I see in the grad filter section in ACR.  Similar in Lr, no sliders for luminosity etc.Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 4.28.45 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't really know your software is up-to-date. We would like you to state the exact version NUMBER of your software, and not words like "current" or "up-to-date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What process version does your image report - and is there a little "update to latest version" icon button showing underneath the LR histogram?

I believe I read that by default, if an image has already got e.g. a graduated filter in place, applied under the prior PV, then so as to maintain continuity of outcome by default, that image is held back from automatically updating to the latest PV.

You'd need to tell LR to do that manually, e.g. by clicking the update PV button.

Otherwise, this update to very latest PV does seem to happen automatically - when you go to adjust this image in any other way. And it is that PV update, which activates these brand new masking options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your Version of Camera Raw? (Shown at top left of the ACR interface)

ScreenShot084.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After selecting the grad filter you need to start dragging over the image in the main window. The range mask will then appear. By default it is set to off. Clicking the drop-down menu next to off lets you select luminosity or color with the color picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines