• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Links from word" into new PDFs never work when using Adobe DC Pro

Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help to resolve this problem: "Links from word" into new PDFs never work when using Adobe DC Pro or the associated print driver PDFmaker.

Here is what I am trying to do: I am trying to upgrade my PDF publishing station (windows 10, MS word 2016,  all the latest builds) and I've been using Tracker Software Products and their PDF-XChange 2012 printer driver / add-in with the ribbon convert button. Great, works a bit slowly and a bit unreliably but always produces a good PDF. All TOC / references / etc. linking are fine in the resulting PDF.

So I  installed the DC Pro trial, hoping it all would work like my old setup. No, won't produce links in the resulting PDF. But neither will Nitro Pro (looking at that as well). So, trying to figure out why this is happening, and what is it about PDF-XChange that can produce all links in PDF from an MS Word doc, where no one else seems to able to do that. Huh?

I've tried all of the above on all setups I have access to: PC laptop, iMac and MacBook Pros running Windows 10 within Parallels Desktop with all the latest and greatest software on all. I do remember this was an issue with macs back in early 2010s, and that's when I found the PDF-XChange solution in the first place, as while I mostly create PDFs in Windows, my readers are mostly using Apple devices to read them. Back then, using PDF-XChange was my only option. This can't be so now, can it?!? Thx.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDFmaker is NOT a printer driver. Don’t print to PDF to make them, no links are possible. Use the Acrobat ribbon (Menu in Word). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha. I noticed that I installed DC reader in windows and pro on the mac, so that was the problem. There was no windows add-in installed. I now have both working (DC and nitro).In nitro I had to check the word boxes, then it worked. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines