4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2008 11:15 PM by Thumbslinger

tellTarget Probs

notworkingadobe Level 1
      Hi,
      I have one of those last minute sites and I haven't been in Flash for awhile. I am trying to get a movie clip I placed on the main timeline to go to a frame and stop from an invisible button. The movie I am targeting is "Type" and the Frame is "Nav 2". Here is what I wrote. I am saving it as AS2 in Flash 8.

on (rollOver) {
      tellTarget(Type.gotoAndStop="Nav 2");
      }

Any help, I know it's simple but it's late and I haven't Flashed in a long time so my mind is mush.
        • 1. Re: tellTarget Probs
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          unless Type is a child movieclip of the movieclip which has that attached code, you should probably be using _parent.Type:

• 2. Re: tellTarget Probs
            notworkingadobe Level 1
            That didn't work, here is the code for the invisible button I am using to trigger things that lives on the main timeline, "Book Meetings" is a frame on the main timeline (that part works). "Type" is the movie clip and "Nav 2" is the frame I want it to stop on:

on (rollOver) {
            gotoAndStop("Booking Meetings");
            }
            on (rollOver) {
            _parent.Type.gotoAndStop("Nav 2");
            }

I know in theory it should work, I thought mine should work I know I am mush now but it needs to be done by morning.
            • 3. Re: tellTarget Probs
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              if Type is on the main timeline, remove the _parent prefix and retest.
              • 4. Re: tellTarget Probs
                Thumbslinger Level 1
                name the invisible button (I'll use invisi)

on the main timeline enter this:

invisi.onRelease = function() {
                gotoAndStop("Booking Meetings");
                }

Making it happen on just onRollOver might be a little to quick... people might not expect to jump somewhere without having to click.

But, you can change the onRelease to onRollOver, copy and paste and change the labels and then onRollOut