As you say Muse crashes at startup, can you please help us with few questions for digging into the issue?
- When did it start crashing, do you remember any last action performed which has triggered the crash?
- Do you get an error message when it crashes?
- Are you logged in as Administrator int your system?
Last action I did was update it.
The only message i get is that Muse has stopped working.
Yes I am logged in as administrator.
I don't have this problem with the other adobe applications.
1 person found this helpful
It might also happen because of preferences.
Please try the following steps see if any of them works.
Solution 1: Reset Preferences
- Make sure Adobe Muse is not open.
- Go to the following path in Windows Explorer. C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming
- (Replace <user_name> with your username)
- Look for a folder named as "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION" and rename it to "com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION_old"
- Go to Following location ~/Library/Preferences
- Rename the following folder by adding "_old" at the end of them
- com.adobe.AdobeMuseCC.VERSION and AdobeMuse
Now try to launch Muse and check if it works
Solutions 2: Uninstall and Reinstall
Uninstall Muse from Creative Cloud application
During the process please click "Yes Remove Preferences"
Once Muse is uninstalled and reinstall it and try to launch.
The next thing I can suggest is to try creating a new user account in your windows and reinstall muse in that account.
This is to eliminate any chances of file permission issues.
If it still crashed it will be suggested to contact our live support to get required help. - Contact Customer Care
My Muse 2018 started crashing when I tried to Export a File to HTML. This happened after I made slight changes to text and links. I tried to use an older file with pre-changes and it still crashes at 28%