Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS Word 2016

Windows 10 64-bit

According to my research Word 2016 is compatible with:

Acrobat 2017

Acrobat DC

Acrobat XI (versions 11.0.16 and higher, the latest version being 11.0.23)

Is this correct? I need to upgrade my Acrobat 10 to either XI or 2017 so I can add the plugin to Word. I'm reading conflicting information about the compatibility between Word 2016 and Acrobat XI/2017. Considering XI is much cheaper than 2017 can I purchase it with confidence knowing that it will work with Office 2016? Has anyone had issues with the plugin not working? Should I just pay more for 2017? I also don't want my employer to buy XI only to find out it doesn't work.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can only upgrade (via adobe) to acrobat 2017 perpetual license, Adobe products: desktop, web, and mobile applications | Adobe or an acrobat dc subscription, Plans and pricing | Adobe Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just want to make sure I understand so I can relay the information to IT/Help. They were going to buy XI and install it on my workstation. Why is that not an option if it's compatible with Word 2016? I'm fine with upgrading to 2017 - I just need to tell them why they can't purchase XI. They told me it was $173 (versus $416 for 2017).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe no longer sells acrobat xi.

you can buy elsewhere but beware you're taking a significant risk unless you personally know the vendor and they'll make good on any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would have to ask yourself how come a supplier still has copies of a product Adobe completely discontinued 3 years ago. It may be different, however, if you are an existing volume licensee. One trap to beware of is companies that split volume licenses: this is forbidden, and Adobe block them all when they find out. Of course we have no idea what your purchasing chain is like, I can only report we have many unhappy people here caught out through no fault of their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name

Thanks for the information. I don't know anything about the purchasing structure, but considering how strict they are about software installs and licensing, I assume they go the legit route. The IT guy probably doesn't know Acrobat XI is end of life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point: as it will no longer get security fixes, policies might forbid buying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines