• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Italian OCR broke text highlights by turning them vertical

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for Indiana University and I am working with someone who got an odd result from using Italian OCR on his document. The operation took his text highlights and rotated them 90 degrees. The documents is a multi page scan of some Italian book. The conversion would have been done either in Acrobat Pro XI or Acrobat DC. He sent me a copy of the document, and I tried to run the Italian OCR on it as well in the off chance it would correct it. Unfortunately there was not change to the highlights.

Thanks to anyone with a theory about what may have happened.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Toddw,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. As per the description above, the Italian OCR for one of your user is changing the format of a scanned PDF, but when you tried it at your end, the format was not changing, Is that correct?

Please ask the user to check for any pending updates of Acrobat Pro 11 or Acrobat DC from Help>Check for updates and install them, reboot the machine and see if this brings any difference.

Ask the user to select Downsample To 600 DPI in Enhance Scan>Recognize Text>Settings and check if the format still changes.

Have you tried with any other PDF file in the Italian language? Is it specific to one Scanned PDF?

If possible, ask the user to get the source file and share with us. To share the file, please use Adobe Send feature, upload the file, share the link to files via private message only, How Do I Send Private Message

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines