• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with Symbols in XD

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a symbol in XD, and I can use it on various screens. But can I adjust the size of the symbol on a particular page? Right now, when I scale it, it changes the size of the symbol used everywhere.

Working on an iMac with the latest OS.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

The idea of a symbol is to ensure that changes made to size and position of one instance are reflected everywhere.You can however have text overrides.

To customize a single instance you will have to ungroup it. Right-click the symbol and use the option to ungroup it.

See https://medium.com/@Jonthanjosh/working-with-symbols-in-adobe-xd-6363a999a1d for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The idea of a symbol is to ensure that changes made to size and position of one instance are reflected everywhere.You can however have text overrides.

To customize a single instance you will have to ungroup it. Right-click the symbol and use the option to ungroup it.

See https://medium.com/@Jonthanjosh/working-with-symbols-in-adobe-xd-6363a999a1d for more info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having said that, the team informed me that they are looking into a feature request to edit symbol instances. Stay tuned for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Preran.

I don’t know if I can do this, but I’ll try and you can tell me whether you can answer or not.

1) Is there a way to have, say, a footer, locked on the screen when scrolling long pages? Right now I can only have it appear at the bottom go=f the long page.

2) (I just posted this question in the forum) Is there a way to create a mirror image of a special shape I created?

Thanks, again.

V.

Vinnie Chieco

415-828-8831

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines