Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all adobe apps install fine...

apps.png

it dies with the error

Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:3.1.12.2

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 3.1.12.2). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
H:\adobeTemp\ETR1D91.tmp\2\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
H:\adobeTemp\ETR1D91.tmp\2\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY on gods green earth is it trying to use H drive?!?  nowhere in CC or any program do i reference H drive.  (it does exist, but i havent told adobe to use it. regardless, the drive exists and i am an administrator so i still dont know why it would fail, even installing to the wrong directory)

any help appreciated!

matt

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Ok, Matt.  Please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve the error.  You are welcome to reference this public discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you have a look at the solutions in this post Installer issue with exit code 191 and let us know if it helped?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no luck.  everything is set to install to defaults on C drive, nothing works.  no idea where it is getting H drive from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info. Moving your post to the Creative Cloud Download and Install forum. The experts here can decide whether we need to set up a call with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangepork, I am sorry that you are facing Error 191 when installing XD CC on Windows 10.  Are you able to use the Windows App store to successfully install other applications on this computer?

The portion of the error you posted seems to indicate that the temp directory is being redirected to the H: drive.  You mentioned in post #2 that everything was set for the C: drive.  Do you have an H: drive currently mounted?  If so, what did you typically use this partition for Strangepork?  Have you tried adjusting the permissions on the H: drive to allow for Full Control of the requested location?

Error Code 191 is typically a transitory error due to the downloaded files being unable to be extracted properly.  Additional details regarding Error Code 191 can be found at Troubleshoot errors using Creative Cloud log files .

Finally, Strangepork, are there any pending updates available for Windows 10?  If so, can you please apply the updates.  I would also recommend updating any installed system utilities, anti-virus software, or any other installed software that may affect the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H drive is fine.  adobeTemp exists.  Ownership and full perms set.  H drive not currently used for much, large data storage but i dont have anything on there.

i patch constantly, win10 up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Strangepork. 

What about Windows App store installations are those successful?  What happens if you dismount the H: drive?  Also to confirm you have a Creative Cloud Individual membership and you are the only individual who manages this computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must say, for being frustrated this seemingly simple question doesnt have a quick fix from your department, i am enjoying this process.  you are quick to respond, and some of your ideas are down right clever and interesting.  Lets see what happens when there is no H drive mounted! -- quite a clever way to trick it i must say even if it doesnt work.  I like the cut of your jib! (im trying to bring that phrase back)

in reverse order,

1) I am the sole user. I login with my outlook account.  I have all privileges.  UAC is off.  well, you cant turn it off but you can slide the bar to minimum.

2) Windows app - dont think ive ever installed one.  let me try a clock or something. WOW i didnt know it had media!!  I just quickly installed Netflix and VUDU apps, logged in, and can play movies from both.  all solid there. 

3) let me dismount h drive and see what happens.  (Pls give yourself a cookie or something for this clever, out of the box idea. i worked for IBM and internet companies for almost 20 years and this is A+ thinking)

Now it dies immediately, saying "Unable to install on a network drive. Select another install location in your preferences and retry installing.

clicking more information i get

Exit Code: 176

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Can't install to a network location

FATAL: Error occured in install product workflow with error code 176 error message

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

clicking Get Help, it doesnt list error code 176 hehe.

WHERE does it want me to change settings?!?  

Heres what I have set in the Creative Cloud App I am using to try and install it:

cc1.png

cc2.png

cc3.png

Everything is C drive!!!

I must again thank you for your quick replies and excellent attempts, some really good ideas. 

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and windows 10 defaults

win10 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you very much for the updates, Matt.  Very interesting that it then found the H: drive as being unavailable.  There appears to be some remaining setting that is redirecting the installation to that volume.

The reason I inquired about installations through the Windows App store is that XD CC is installed via a UWP package.  I was trying to verify that other UWP applications could install successfully.

You have a couple of options at this point, Matt.  One you can contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care for assistance in resolving this unique error.

Alternately, I would recommend removing any installed Adobe Creative applications.  Completing this process should remove whatever entry is redirecting to temp files to the H: drive.  For a complete uninstall, please complete the following steps:

1. Uninstall any purchased Adobe applications - including Acrobat, Creative Cloud, and Creative Suite - Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps
  2. Download and run the CC Cleaner Tool - Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems
  3. Reinstall XD CC through the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application - Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps

It is essential to run the CC Cleaner Tool after running the available uninstallers.  The CC Cleaner Tool is designed to work in conjunction with the uninstallers and should help remove any critical system entries that may have been missed by the uninstaller.

This is a unique error, Matt, so if you do decide to contact our support team at Contact Customer Care, please feel free to reference this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i think i may have figured it out, but i cant do the tests yet - huge file copy must be done first. 

here is what i think happened:

At some point ages ago, my C drive was filling up.  This would be years and years ago, Vista or Win 7 if not earlier. 

I found what seemed a clever way to move my /User/bob to H drive, and C drive was happy and empty, and H drive had all my libraries and downloads and such - AND hidden stuff, like temp and cache paths. 

At some point, again ages ago, I upgraded C drive and undid this hack - or so i thought.  all of the visible stuff (Documents, vids, downloads etc) were back to downloading to C drive.  ** To my knowledge, nothing was using H drive **.

Upgrade smoothly to say win 8.1, upgrade smoothly to win10, then win10 creators.  it seems win10 creators has triggered some bug in my system bc they removed the functionality to change user directories, and since there was no tool, MS programmers *made assumptions* that did not account for people like me. 

So I am about to (after this massive file copy) hand edit some Registry values for a variable called ProfilesDirectory and also ProfileImagePath, reboot, and hope for the best. 

this seems to be a many-years old bug that wasnt a bug until win10 creators removed the tool and so began *assuming* that all env variables were set from clean installs. 

wish me luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best of luck, Matt! 

Yes, I wondered if the environmental variables had been altered but your previous post did not seem to indicate this had occurred.  Once you get this adjusted then the Creative Cloud desktop app should respect the corrected location for the temp files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well it failed.  all Registry and environmental variables are correct... C drive.   i cant find a mention of H drive anywhere. im at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, Matt.  Please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that direct assistance can be provided to resolve the error.  You are welcome to reference this public discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines