• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall Illustrator CS3 on the new computer

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this did not work for me. If I buy a new computer and install my recently de-activated Illustrator CS3 should it work? Is it an issue with my computer in some obscure area? And could my problem be because of my software being on an older computer on which I did not de-activate Illus CS3? I don't have the password for that computer  with windows 7, and cannot access the programs. Another computer with CS3 loaded was given to one of my sons. I could have him deactivate CS3 from that computer if it is important. I would appreciate any information. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Ok, thanks for the additional details, Designsjan.

The activation server for Creative Suite 3 was shut down in 2017. If you need to reinstall Illustrator CS3 then you will need to use the new installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products .  As part of the process, you will be asked to enter your original Illustrator CS3 to gain access to the new installation files and serial number.

In addition, Designsjan, you will need to remove any other installed Adobe software prior

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

I am sorry Designsjan, I don't completely understand your question.  Have you purchased the new computer and installed Illustrator CS3 unsuccessfully?  If so, what specific errors are you currently receiving?

If you have not installed Illustrator CS3, on the new computer, then please utilize the new serial number and installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products .  If this is a brand new Windows 7 computer, with no files or applications transferred, then you should be able to install Creative Suite 3 successfully.

If you do transfer files to the new computer then please see Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 as it will be necessary to remove the cache.db file which was transferred to the new computer with the other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. And really pleasantly surprised to receive such a prompt reply! The Illus CS3 that was deactivated was working perfectly well on my newest windows 10 computer. Then I received the "5 days to re-activate" message. Hours and hours of tech support were not enough to reactivate this software. Since it is an older version of Illustrator, and I update my computer every 3 years or so, my Illus. CS3 has been installed on my older computers. That was what I referred to with Windows 7 and an older Vista OS computer a son has in his possession. So that Illus CS3 software has been installed on at lease three computers and possibly a 4th, my old desk top. Could all of these installations be preventing the use of this CS3 software? Even if the computers are not in use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thanks for the additional details, Designsjan.

The activation server for Creative Suite 3 was shut down in 2017. If you need to reinstall Illustrator CS3 then you will need to use the new installation files available at Download Adobe Creative Suite 3 products .  As part of the process, you will be asked to enter your original Illustrator CS3 to gain access to the new installation files and serial number.

In addition, Designsjan, you will need to remove any other installed Adobe software prior to removing the cache.db file, as discussed in Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8 .  Failure to remove the cache.db file will result in activation error even if you are using the new installation files and serial number.

Please update this discussion if you have any questions, Designsjan.  If you are facing difficulty locating the cache.db file then can you please post a screenshot of the location you are browsing too?  Information on how to post a screenshot can be found at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video? .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines