• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC - How Does "Sanitize Document" Differ from "Remove Hidden Information"?

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC, when I open the right panel and type "hidden text" I get the option to use either "Remove Hidden Text" or "Sanitize Document."  I've searched Adobe's website for 10 minutes and can't find how they differ. Any thoughts?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jelarv,

Sorry for the delayed response and inconvenience caused. The ability to "select what you remove" is the major difference between Remove Hidden information vs Sanitizing PDF Document.

Sanitize document just does it all in one go, it removes everything but what you can see. For more detailed difference, you may refer to https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/how-remove-hidden-information

For removing Sensitive content from PDFs, refer to Removing sensitive content from PDFs in Adobe Acrobat DC

For Sanitizing PDF, refer to https://acrobatusers.com/assets/uploads/public_downloads/2215/adobe-acrobat-xi-pdf-sanitization-remo...

Feel free to update this discussion for any further assistance.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Anand.

I am redacting a PDF document for the 2nd time using Adobe DC Pro (updated ver.21). After applying the 2nd round of redactions successfully, I click on the Remove button but the entire file and its text all become blurred and unreadable.  Like several iterations of the document's image transposed sequentially onto itself.

The questions then are:

1.  Is clicking on 'Remove' necessary after the redactions are Applied (after clicking on 'Apply' button) on a document?

2.  Is clicking on 'Remove' a moot exercise if the sanization was done during the document's first redaction?

3.  Why is the document blurring after the 2nd redaction (which takes several minutes to complete) is 'Applied' and then all selected sanizatino items are 'Removed'?

4.  How to stop the blurring from happening while ensuring all redacted items are permanently and irretrievably removed for security and confidentiality reasons?

is this necessary for permanent redactions after the 1st round has already been redacted),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines