• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble converting fillable pdf to non-fillable on MacBook Pro.

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have read that the option "print to pdf" should be available on drop-down print menu but it's not there.   there are many options under Save As but I don't understand them. nothing says "flatten" for example. Trying to upload doc to federal court and they insist it be "flattened."

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PDF Printer is only available on Windows machines.

Regardless, you need to ask them what they mean by "flattened". It can mean at least three different things in the PDF world and if you use the wrong one they'll probably reject your application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any printer interface window in Acrobat has an option to create the output file as a PDF. I expect this option is also available in Reader or any program on the Macintosh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe softwares are limited to not being able to use MacOS PDF Services and there are good reasons for that (which have nothing to do with flattening).

Refrying PDFs: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly : http://abracadabrapdf.net/file/Refrying_PDF.pdf

On MacOS you can "print to PDF" with any software, except those from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a script to make fields read only and set the default value of the field to the value of the field. The last step will keep the current value if the form should ever be reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses.  I don't have the option in the Adobe software when I select print, to print to pdf.   So, I ended up sending it to a staff member who has a PC and she did it by choosing  Optimize PDF, then  discard objects, then flatten form fields.  then she sent to me, I uploaded it to the court website and they accepted it.

I think I have those same options on the Adobe software I'm running but I wasn't brave enough to play around with it like she was,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not read between the lines.

"Adobe softwares are limited…" : you can open the PDF with Apple-Preview (or any PDF viewer) and print as PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks good to know. I was in a time crunch so acted before responses

started coming. But definitely need the info for the future. Posted more

just in case anyone looks in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines