• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Web Gallery comment notification doesnt' work

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have published a few galleries to test. In Lightroom mobile, i got a message "would you like to allow notifications". SURE, that sounds great. I'll get a notification on my ipad or iphone when a viewer makes a comment.

I sent them to the desktop and went in and added a comment. No notification. 😞

I can go back to the gallery and open the image and see the comment, but since I specifically selected to notify me, I'd thought it would have done that.

I verified in my system settings on both my iPad and IPhone that it is indeed turned on.

I also tried with Lightroom in the foreground AND in the background.

Still no notifications.

Wassup with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just out of interest was the 'would you like to allow notifications' message when you first installed, as I do not get it when I share an Album?

When you sent them to the desktop, can you expand on this? i.e where (application/browser?) did you add the comment, did you add under your own Adobe ID?

I have just tested it one of my Shared Links sent to my partner. On her iPad, I logged in to the link using her Adobe ID (unfortunately the recipient has to have one to Like and Comment) and posted a comment.

It took about 3-5 minutes, but eventually I got a notification on my iPhone that she had commented.

Can you test using someone else Adobe ID as maybe the notification doesn't work if you comment through your own account, which may make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "would you like to allow" did come from when i started using the app (or after a recent updated.)  I haven't used the app in a while so it's possible it was after install on new devices.

When I say "sent to the desktop" - I should have said... when I viewed the web gallery on a desktop computer (Windows/Chrome), that was where I left a comment. I did many of them with my same Adobe ID, but other users with different IDs tested and I still did not get a notification.

I did notice today that after testing with my other adobe ID, I did get a red badge notification on the icon application on my ipad that there was 1 notification. However, I never got a notification in the OS with any detailed information and when I opened the app, I was unable to find any place to highlight what the new notification might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so a little further info.

I did just see a notification pop up in a banner at the top of my ipad. It said "user marked favorite" on a photo.  But it went away and was unable to see find a trace of the notification.

For my IOS notification settings for the Lightroom app, I have all the options turned on. include Show on lock screen, show in history and show as banners. It WAS set to temporary which I have now changed to persistent, so I'll have to dismiss it to acknowledge I've seen it and be able to better see the message.

I did see the red badge again on the app, but I was still unable to find what was updated. I'm not sure if i'm just missing a location for this or if it's a poorly implemented feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you are spot on. With a little bit of extra research there seems no way to identify the location of the comment/like without going into the shared Album and tapping the ’speech bubble’ icon at the top.

You really need to be directed from the notification though and be able to see a recent list of them at the whole Catalog/Library level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines