• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transferring work from After Effects to Premiere

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a composition on After Effects and when I try to import it to Premiere it says I need to download After effects to continue, even though I already have after effects downloaded.  What are the steps in moving my work from After effects to premiere. I read something about a "dynamic link" but can't figure out how to turn it on. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is AE from the same version as Premiere?

Dynamic Link is not something you can turn on or off.

The link is establish on install of both programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are both up to date, any idea why premier doesn't know I have after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brandons18644231,

Sorry for the issue. Please let us know the exact version numbers of both the applications.

Instructions: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated them to the latest versions and it still doesn't work, I hope that's enough information. I have no idea how to find the version numbers for the applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi brandons18644231,

In few cases, applications may not get updated to the latest version due to some technical issues.

Please check this article for instructions to check the dot version number of applications: FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines