• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are Lightroom CC editing/editing limitations?

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I switch to LR CC on the cloud how much can I edit, or retouch my photo?

What is the limit?

The advantage of using cloud to me would be to have much more processing power available and so be able to do on the cloud more than I can do locally with my hardware BUT is that even the case?

Did Adobe ever clarify this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Sadly it's not true that I can edit a photo as much as I want in LR CC Classic so I wanted to know if LR CC could be a solution and allow me to truly edit "as much as I want" or if it has limits as well.

I guess I will have e to try LR CC myself but as of now I have synchronization problem that Adobe never fixed in the last 6 months so many of my phots do not sync properly or are removed altogether form my collections therefore LR CC  for now I can't verify it myself... that's why I asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't find an answer to my question there, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The processing is done on your computer and or mobile device, storage of your files and the data is done in the cloud. The cost of the storage is $10 per month for every TB of storage used.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is a little ambiguous. The Lightroom CC features are not as fully developed as the Lightroom Classic CC features are at this time. It will take some time for that to happen. However, as far as those features have been provided, you can edit your photos as much as you want to. You just don't have as much flexibility as you do in Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly it's not true that I can edit a photo as much as I want in LR CC Classic so I wanted to know if LR CC could be a solution and allow me to truly edit "as much as I want" or if it has limits as well.

I guess I will have e to try LR CC myself but as of now I have synchronization problem that Adobe never fixed in the last 6 months so many of my phots do not sync properly or are removed altogether form my collections therefore LR CC  for now I can't verify it myself... that's why I asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Lightroom Classic CC won't do the job for you now, then Lightroom CC is definitely not going to be something to turn to because the toolset isn't nearly as robust yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim Hess, I was focused on the OP statement

"The advantage of using cloud to me would be to have much more processing power available and so be able to do on the cloud more than I can do locally with my hardware"

To wit he is expecting some super processing computer in the Adobe Creative Cloud that will outperform the hardware on his home computer!

The fact he is limited to his computer hardware and his internet connection speed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well then, I apologize for the intrusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comments are always welcome, and I agree that the original post was ambiguous.

I have been exploring with the new Lightroom CC and it does require a different mindset than LR Classic. I spent the last month on vacation abroad so I only had my iPad to work with and explore the features there. It does a good job with basic editing and sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you seem to enjoy it. I look at it occasionally. Haven't taken it seriously. Probably won't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines