• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open a comp in AE 2018!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello This is a very annoying issue since I've updated AE to 2018 , when I double click a comp in the project window it doesn't open... As far as I am concerned there is no other way of p=opening a comp so I'm pretty stuck.

I am using Mac. My colleagues with Windows don't seem to have this issue even though they have also updated to AE 2018...

Am running El Captan 10.11.6

Graphics card:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4095 MB

Ram : 16 GB

I look forward to a solution to this problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange... As a work around can you drop it in to an empty timeline (or on to the new comp button in the project panel) and the double click on it in the timeline to open it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that would have been a solution , but This project has 40 pre-comps on a master timeline, so that workflow will really create a mess...

funny.. now the problem seems to have resolved itself since. Double clicking a comp in the project window seems to open the comps now..

the "bug" seems to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after closing after FX and opening it again, the problem is back. I can't open any comp in the project window by double clicking  it again!!!

something is not right... it does seem like a bug to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continuously have this issue too. Highly annoying. I just want to get my work done as efficiently as possible without having to do somersaults and workarounds. My mac is 5 years old but still, this should work.

AE 2018 v15.0.1

Mac Pro (mid 2012)

OS Sierra 10.12.5

2x2.4 Ghz 6 core Intel Xeon

64GB ram

ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this as well today.

Resolved when I realised I had a floating panel that was across both my monitors.

Dragging the panel so that it is only on one monitor corrected it.

Have had issues in the past with both AE and premiere when a window/panel is across a couple of monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tip, this solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines