Adobe Bridge search and other functions not working

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge version: 2017 release 7.0.0.93

iMac 2017 4.2 GHz i7 - 32GB RAM

Mac OS 10.13.2

Bridge has been "forgetting" the keywords for a library of vector files that I've been searching in for years. These days, when I search, it returns zero results. I have had to rebuild the cache every time I go into Bridge, which is a huge hassle. But now, I can't even rebuild the cache!

Plus, I can no longer use spacebar to view full screen previews. In fact, there are several functions that are not available in the menus and should be, such as Move to Trash, Select All, open any of the panels, Full Screen Preview, Build and Export Cache, and others.  Screen shots of menus attached.

This is happening whether I'm trying to navigate either my external hard drive or my internal drive.

I have searched the forums and aside from rebooting as well as resetting Bridge's preferences (Command-Option-Shift on Bridge launch), which doesn't seem to help, I could not see any ideas. These issues are severely affecting my work flow on more than one project.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks,

: p

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 11.33.47 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-19 at 11.33.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-19 at 11.34.00 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Try updating to Bridge CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating to Bridge CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. I did update Bridge 10 days ago and it currently doesn't appear that there's anything to update to. Does Bridge even have a 2018 version yet? Because I certainly would do that.

Thanks,
p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I dug a little deeper and there is a 2018 version after all. My new question is... Why when I click to update Bridge, it doesn't tell me there's a whole new version (v8)? I'm sitting here thinking I've updated as far as it can go. Turns out under the side pull-down menu "additional versions", it had a newer one.

Usually the updater functionality shows whole new versions quite clearly. Not this time. Evidently I was confused about how it handles new versions. And now I feel stupid.

Anyway, looks like my functionality has returned.

Thanks Lumigraphics person! You made me search harder for the new version and it worked.

p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others as dumb as me, if you're looking for a more recent version of Bridge (or any program), you can click on the side arrow and choose "Other Versions". Oddly, even though I just now installed the latest version, it's already telling me to update. Perhaps I'll wait until it starts breaking again before I do that!

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 4.17.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone's still listening... Although my functions are back by upgrading to Bridge 2018, I'm back to square one with Bridge "forgetting" the keywords. My search returns nothing unless I rebuild the cache whenever I open Bridge.

I can't see what I've done differently lately – the search functionality used to work more consistently.  : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started having the same issues today -- 1/21/18.  Everything was working fine and then it just stopped.  I even uninstalled, used a cleaner on my harddrive and then reinstalled.  Nothing.  I would appreciate any help or to direct me who else to contact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´ve done that and it didn't work. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

Please install Adobe Bridge CC 2018 again to solve this problem.

This is happening as some Adobe Bridge folders have been moved or renamed.

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya, did that thing you said. The problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter,

What have worked here for now is too install Bridge CC 2017 (Creative Cloud > Bridge > Other Versions); now I can find my folders.

Camera Raw is still strange, openning in a smaller screen (the image area), with a big gray and useless area on right...

cameraraw.png

Hope Adobe can find the solution soon.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhishek Seth (AbhishekSeth12)

I have already reinstalled Bridge CC 2018 before you answer and it didn´t work.

And I haven´t moved or renamed any folders or files; the problem on searching is happening with all files and folders.

Camera Raw is working badly now too.

Maína.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems on searching to. Since this week, this function is not working anymore... It doesn´t matter if I try to search for file name, metadata, keywords... None of these options works. Could you solve it there already? Can you tell me what have you done?

I have already re-installed the software, it didn´t work too... And I could not talk to the support by chat because Adobe.com doesn´t offer this option on their website: this is available to others softwares, but not to Bridge.

Sincerely,

Nina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have much good news here. Maybe someone else does. After having updated to the newest software, I continue to have issues with my search. Whenever I need to search my image library, I have to rebuild my cache (under Tools>Cache... ). Every time I restart my Mac, it no longer remembers any of the keywords and I have to rebuild my cache again for the search to return any results. This is not a quick process due to having about 4000+ images.

I suspect that this is an Adobe issue that needs to be fixed, and shouldn't be on us users to have to deal with – and with no support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooooh... Yes, they will have to fix it!

What I am doing is to search in Explorer/Finder and then draging the folder or file into Bridge, so it opens there... Veeeeeery boring, hehehe. The other way is to use Lightroom, but I don´t like this software: too many 'pyrotechnics' to do simples things...

Well, good luck for us all.

Thank you for your answer!

Nina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines