• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Workaround to continue using CS5, on bootable external drive?

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on El Capitan, with a copy of CS5 design suite. It has some issues but I can still do most of what I want to do. However I would at some point like to upgrade past El Capitan, yet reports are coming in of even more problems with Sierra or high sierra.

I was wondering if it's possible to create a bootable external drive, perhaps with Snow Leopard on it (I still have a copy of it's install and CS5 worked great with it). Then could I use CS5 programmes off that? I have never tried to use a programme off an external hard drive before, so maybe this wouldn't work as I imagine, but I thought it worth asking as I couldn't find any answers online.

So basically what I want to know, is if I update my Macbook to High Sierra, create a bootable external drive with Snow Leopard on it and keep CS5 Design suite on it. could I then access those programs that way without them crashing and having all the issues they are likely to have if accessed on High Sierra?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

You can install CS5 on a hard drive and move it. Most of the Adobe programs will detect that they have been moved but you might experience mild problems, for example multiple prompts when you start it up.

One issue that may arise is that there are a lot of common files that are not installed in the Applications folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can install CS5 on a hard drive and move it. Most of the Adobe programs will detect that they have been moved but you might experience mild problems, for example multiple prompts when you start it up.

One issue that may arise is that there are a lot of common files that are not installed in the Applications folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines