Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ~ Thanks for watching my question

If i choose 'CUDA' when render,

Is it only operated by the GPU?

or

CPU + GPU ( It means 'GPU support CPU )

P.s - I really want to know about that

Because i have 2 PC(1. i7-2600 + GTX1060. / 2. i7-3770 + GTX 1050)

But i need 'PC number 2' as Main PC

If ' CUDA' works by 'CPU + GPU', i'll choose number 2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU is only involved in rendering in some re-sizing and with the "GPU Accelerated Effects" off the list they have available on the PrPro support pages. It includes most of the color effects like Lumetri, Warp stabilizer and some others.

Where on your sequence you're using the GPU accelerated effects, the GPU will work processing those effects.

Any spot on a sequence that does not have size scaling or GPU accelerated effects will process for rendering/exports entirely through the CPU, and will not use the GPU.

So in general, the cores/threads of the CPU and the RAM are more important for rendering/export than the GPU. As they are always the central resources used for that.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer! Great !!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for answer !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a lots of CUDA playback issues (CUDA playback dropping off, black screen after few minutes) with Dell XPS 15 9750 with Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti.  I got it to work reliably with and older GeForce driver (397.93) which I can no longer install because Win 10 64 automatic updates.  The newer GeForce drivers  416.34 and 416.81 (compatible with Win 10 64 Built 17134) have CUDA playback issues with laster version of Premiere Pro CC (Version 13.0.1 (built 13). You can revert your project to Open CL mode which works reliably but much slower export/playback.  Really frustrating with a new machine....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this on the UserVoice system ... that way this bug (as it seems) will go directly to the engineer's systems ...

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip. I just did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a few tries, the Nvidia installer let me downgrade to 397.93.  All is working well now.  So, buyers of the newest Dell XPS 15 with GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, beware!  Do not update to the latest Nvidia driver versions 416.34 or 416.81.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines