• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning download location for LR mobile images but there is NO "lightroom mobile" tab on preference

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all.

I am using Windows 10 and Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 release Camera Raw 10.1

I want to change the default folder to where the mobile images are downloaded ( username/Pictures/Lightroom/Mobil Download.lrdata )

to a folder of my choice where my other images and catalog are .

The instructions I find are simple: Open up Preferences and click on the "Lightroom Mobile" tab and will see where to set the Location.

Problem is there is no "Lightroom Mobile" tab. The tabs I see, from l to r are - General, Presets, External Editing, File Handling, Interface, Performance, Lightroom Synch (where Lightroom Mobile should be), and Network.

I have specified a location for Lightroom CC ecosystem's images.

What need I do?

thanks and excuse any noobie mistake

-Cattapoisett

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have renamed the tab Lightroom Sync - and there's a location setting half way down.

Alternatively, right click the folder where you want photos to go, and there's an option to set it as the sync folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.

To be clear, when, as mentioned above, I specified the "location for Lightroom CC ecosystem's images"  this correctly changed the location of the folder into which the LR mobile images are downloaded? Obviously I was thrown by the term "ecosystem's images" as I tend to speak normal English.

Your alternative also sounds easy except on this computer that choice is not available.

I'm attached a screen shot of the "Lightroom Sync" setting just to be sure I am understanding 100%

LR_pref_screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cattapoisett  wrote

Thank you John.

To be clear, when, as mentioned above, I specified the "location for Lightroom CC ecosystem's images"  this correctly changed the location of the folder into which the LR mobile images are downloaded? Obviously I was thrown by the term "ecosystem's images" as I tend to speak normal English.

Yes, that is correct. To test it, just shoot a picture using LrMobile and watch it appear in your catalogue. As I think you may have guessed, you can tell it to download mobile pics into subfolder which match how you normally import files, so mobile and normal camera pictures on the same day go into the same subfolder (which is what I want).

The "ecosystem" is a new word that refers to all the cloud-dependent bits of the Lightroom world - LrCC on iOS, LrCC on Android, LRCC Web, and the new Lightroom CC on PC/Mac. So everything apart from real Lightroom or Lightroom "Classic". The distinction is that apps within the "ecosystem" sync original images and some metadata like keywords, while Classic's sync capability is frozen at what we had when it was released - original images from the "ecosystem" sync down into it, but Classic can't sync originals to the cloud. They are still working out the confusion of branding and unofficial names.

Cattapoisett  wrote

Your alternative also sounds easy except on this computer that choice is not available.

Sorry, I wasn't on my main computer and got the menu text wrong. They keep changing these damn names.....

SNAG-0001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, thank you.

You've made it very clear. I have tested and images are appearing where I specified. Just have to do a little more tweaking to have all as I like before I get too embroiled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines