• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting up new Mac using external hard drive

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a new MacBook Pro and have dowloaded my Lightroom onto it.  On my previous computer I imported all my pics through Lightroom onto my external hard drive and put nothing on my computer hard drive.  I know there is probably a very simple way to do this so I'm now asking. How do I get my new Lightroom to find all my files on the external hard drive and work from there like I was before and not load them to my computer hard drive?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please clarify which version of Lightroom you're talking about. Are you using the new Lightroom CC (the cloud-based version), or are you using a folder based version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I'm only vaguely familiar with Lightroom CC. Someone else will have to provide assistance. I am more familiar with Lightroom Classic CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you changed the relevant options on the Preferences>Local Storage tab to set the location of stored originals to be the same as you had it set on the previous computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines