3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2018 8:10 PM by whsprague

Compare pictures not possible

HaukeG1980

Hello everyone,

I just ordered Lightroom CC for 12 month (inlcuding Photoshop and 20GB cloud) for 12€ /month. After installing Lightroom I wanted to compare some pictures I took. But the manual I found

How to browse and compare photos in Lightroom Classic CC

is not working at all. It says

In the Grid view or the Filmstrip, select two photos and then do one of the following:

Click the Compare View icon

in the toolbar

If I select two pictures, I do not have something like that in my toolbar. This might be the documentation of the classic version, but how can I compare these pictures? I have the feeling that my version is something like a "lite" Version.

The "Help -> About" says

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC

Version 1.1

Build: 20171201-1016-60550c6

Can somebody help me out?

Thanks,

Hauke

• 1. Re: Compare pictures not possible
          whsprague Adobe Community Professional

Late last year Adobe screwed up the naming of Lightroom products.  Lots of people are confused. 

The old computer and folder based Lightroom CC became Lightroom Classic.  The old cloud server based Lightroom Mobile became Lightroom CC.

You are reading instructions that apply to Lightroom Classic while trying to make it work in (the new, cloud server based) Lightroom CC.

In the help menu it will say Lightroom Classic Version 7.1.

• 2. Re: Compare pictures not possible
            alanmohring

This is the same problem I'm having.

I cannot compare photos side-by-side or find any option for face recognition.

These seem like very basic tools that are included in most every other photo editing software.

Why not Lightroom CC?

• 3. Re: Compare pictures not possible
              whsprague Adobe Community Professional

alanmohring  wrote

....Why not Lightroom CC?

I don't work the so really don't know.

But, it appears that Lightroom CC (once Lightroom mobile, cloud Lightroom, etc) has an entirely new purpose.  It is aimed at providing quality editing to the photographers that use phones, tablets, websites, etc rather than their office computers.  It is an "ecosystem" of all the platforms. 

Traditional editing feature remain vibrant in both Photoshop and "Classic" (computer, file based) Lightroom. 

For photographers that want "side-by-side" or "face recognition" use "Classic".

The real opportunity is to figure out the complex advantages of using the best of both through syncing tools.  It is really not about one or the other, but about getting the best of both at once!