• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Devlop screen is greyed out but can view pic on Navigator right side

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought a laptop and loaded Lightroom Classic. I import a pic and can see it on bottom filmstrip section and Navigator section on right side. However, I am unable to view in the middle window of Development screen. If I play with adjustments on right side, the pic will change on the Navigator window but can't see on middle Development screen. I reloaded Lightroom and no change; reset all presets and no change. Also noticed that the preference screen layouts are different on Laptop than on PC.

I would appreciate any suggestions. Adobe doesn't seem to provide support

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Hi chilipapa,

Go to Preferences > Performance and deselect the option to Use Graphics Processor.

Note that the Preferences organization is different between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC.

More info related to GPU troubleshooting is on this page:

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chilipapa,

Go to Preferences > Performance and deselect the option to Use Graphics Processor.

Note that the Preferences organization is different between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC.

More info related to GPU troubleshooting is on this page:

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tx, Michael, your magic worked. It took a couple of tries to change the option but it finally took. At one point I received a msg that said there was incompatibility problem between lightroom and lapto (HP15-CC183CL). This is a new laptop and my perception is that there is slow response to Lightroom. I’m going to try out Photoshop and see if I get the same response result.

Hopefully I won’t be bothering you again

Chilipapa – Julio

Sent from my secret hideaway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines