Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.7 Crashes Trying to Import

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have Lightroom 5.7 on a Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1.

When I Import and toggle between Add or Move Lightroom crashes. I can't use Lightroom at all.

Please, can someone help or Adobe suggest what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been problems reported using Lightroom 5 with High Sierra. I don't know if this is one of the problems caused by High Sierra. You might want to search the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

Lightroom 5 is completely unusable with Mac OS High Sierra. Importing and Renaming Files crashes Lightroom constantly. Poor show from Adobe and Apple, particularly Adobe as I only bought it 14 months ago.

I've read some of the forum comments and makes a bad situation, worse.

Oh well, back to Yosemite we go, which I assume will fix the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Poor show from Adobe and Apple, particularly Adobe as I only bought it 14 months ago.

You may have bought it 14 months ago, but the wisdom of that purchase is questionable because LR 5 became obsolete and unsupported 33 months ago when it was replaced by LR 6. Perhaps the price reduction justified it.

So what blame attaches to Adobe if software developed and tested more than 53 months ago does not work well with an OS released 4 months ago? Does any software maker/vendor resurrect and revise unsupported past versions to accommodate new Operating Systems?

Caveat Emptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines