• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face Tracking Tool & Using Data to Replace Face?

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I love the detailed "Face Tracking" option in Adobe After Effects. The tracking definitely works well. But my question is, how can I copy/ use this data to replace an entire face? (from a still image for example).

I've seen some glitchy methods were people used the Puppet Tool to recreate points on an image, where they would whip every point to the points generated by the Face tracking. But this means accurate generated data on the tracking side, and very inaccurate data on the other hand (since all these points have to be hand-made with the puppet tool).

Any advice on transfering the tracking data to an image would be highly appreciated!

(In Adobe's official tutorial they only use the Face Tracking tool to put some kind of mask over the actors face, by using the tracking information from the nose)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't and it's not meant to do that. It's as simple as that. For this to work properly the tracking algorithm would have to be aware of how the muscles move and even out the spacing and placment of the tracker points, anyway. Then one could presumably use some morphing/ warping tools based on masks or whatever, but in the current state you just have to muddle through and work with what you have.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines