• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: "Document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (14)."

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So today, I completely filled out a 10 page PDF and then tried to save it and was given this error code (14.)

I did A LOT of googling and found many suggestions for fixing it but none that actually worked.

I am only posting this to share that I had actually found a loophole for sending the file since I could not print or save.

I went to "File", "Send File", "Attach to email", "Use Webmail (Since I don't have access to Outlook on my comp.)"

I was able to log into my email and send it to a colleague as well as print.

Obvi. this is just a temp fix, it doesn't actually help with saving the document as its still corrupted.. but it helped out in a time crunch! Corrupted PDF file, help.​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello allisherm

Sorry for the delay in response to your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please disable the protected mode temporarily and see if the issue still persists. To disable the Protected mode, refer to Protected View feature for PDFs (Windows), Adobe Reader

Note: Enable the protected back as disabling it for testing purpose only.

If the issue still persists, and the issue is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can try it at our end? Share the PDF file using Adobe Send and share the link via private message. How Do I Send Private Message Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1184148

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines