• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 15.01 loading and saving really really really slow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest AE update the app takes over a minute to save a project.  Auto save interrupts work flow while waiting for file to save.   Opening files takes forever as well.

Before update, saving the same file took 2 seconds.   Rebooted...dumped caches   restarted app several times...no improvement.

To test, I saved the project, (52 seconds) moved a single element slightly and saved file again. Took over a minute.  All imports and exports taking way too long.

2017 5K Retina iMac - 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7- 32GB- Radeon Pro 575 4 GB - High Sierra

Seriously impacting workflow on time sensitive project.

Very frustrating.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Backsave your project to AE 2017, aka version 13.  Look under "Save As" for it.  Do your work in that version.  The new one works VERY poorly on Macs.

And don't try using it until someone from Adobe -- a person who works for them --  writes in this thread that it's been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backsave your project to AE 2017, aka version 13.  Look under "Save As" for it.  Do your work in that version.  The new one works VERY poorly on Macs.

And don't try using it until someone from Adobe -- a person who works for them --  writes in this thread that it's been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't even load up the update 15.0.1, getting some strange error that prevents AE from updating.  I agree.  Fruuuuuustrating.  Loading AE CC 2017 right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is totally unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried updating to the latest version of AE - 15.1.1?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15.1.1 is absolutely the worst!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same terribly slow loading times with AE CC 15.0.1 on OSX 10.13.3. Same project saves nearly instantly in Windows. Hoping Adobe will give a fix for this soon. The Autosave is killing me on interuppting the workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with 15.1.1. I can't get anything done! I'm on pretty much the same system. Will be reverting to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody found a solution? When i'm bringing some projects home from my office I barely save 'cause it would take ages on my PC, whereas on MAC it's basically instantaneous and I cannot figure out the reason of this behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not aware of any fix at this time. Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A preview of aftereffects results in a very slow save process if the physical memory of the window is insufficient.

So before you save it, you can use ctrl + alt + / to clear the preview cache and it will be saved quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines