Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Heavy Snow

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm creating a transition scene with snow. It starts off with black bg and a little bit of snow, then the snow falls heavier and heavier, to finally cover the whole screen in white. I've created +- effect I wanted using Particular plugin. I used 2 solids one with small snow, and the second one with heavy and big snow that starts a bit later. Problem is, I cant really render it. The moment I start the rendering process AE just crashes. I tried different things - switching computers, rendering via Media Encoder, etc. I think the current effects are just too heavy for the RAM I have available. So my question is do you guys have any ideas how to make it differently? Is the size or the ammount of particles more problematic? Maybe switching to CC Particle World would be better? I've been looking for some stock footage, but I just can't find anything like what I need. Any advice will be good.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi meeila,

Try to do it with keyframes with the CC Snowfall plug-in with these parameters:

Initial keyframes in Flakes and Size options:

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-23 a la(s) 16.12.32.png

Final keyframes in the same options:

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-23 a la(s) 16.12.49.png

Do not do it with 2 solids, because you have not told me what features your team has. If it does not work for you this way, with a little more information from your team it might be easier to help you.

Try it and let me know.

Byron C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byron,

Thanks for the reply, I tried the effect, but it doesn't allow me to change the direction of the wind (I need the snow to blow from left to right), also it gives just blurred effect and I want the video to end with just plain white screen. I've been playing with CC Particle World and I think it might be the solution, but I don't like how particles are born within the screen - can I set producer outside of the frame and make the particles float to the screen like in Particular?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Step one:

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-23 a la(s) 18.09.48.png

Step two:

Captura de pantalla 2018-01-23 a la(s) 18.15.45.png

When either change to the next clip, put a white solid and distort the whiteness of the snow, nobody will notice the transition with opacity of the solid. This kind of thing is part of making Visual FX with After Effects.

Tell me how it was.

Byron C.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Byron,

Did you get the effect done with the help of our ACP? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin-Monahan​, I'm sure that the question that you have done it's for Meeila, not for me jejeje I am the ACP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry, it still was not what I was looking for, but I managed to figure it out on my own using two layers of Particle World. Thanks though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines