Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video and audio effects won't show up in "Effect controls"

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm currently creating something in Adobe After Effects CC 2014, and when I was going to keyframe a layer, I didn't find any controls to affect position, opacity and size. I didn't have this issue before, as I have always managed to find the controls under "Effect controls". Where are the video and audio effects?

Effect controls.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

To immediately reply to your question -- position, opacity and scale are NOT effects.  You will NOT find them in the effect controls.  They're found in the layer properties when the layer is in the timeline.

And if you don't know that, you missed the first ten minutes of the first class of AE 101.  You're clueless.

Which means you're trying to go it alone.  Which dooms you to failure.

Do yourself a favor -- Go here:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Forget the youtube tut

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To immediately reply to your question -- position, opacity and scale are NOT effects.  You will NOT find them in the effect controls.  They're found in the layer properties when the layer is in the timeline.

And if you don't know that, you missed the first ten minutes of the first class of AE 101.  You're clueless.

Which means you're trying to go it alone.  Which dooms you to failure.

Do yourself a favor -- Go here:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Forget the youtube tutorials by high school kids.  Learn from the pros.  Blow it off at your peril.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Dave says, those parameters will never appear in the Effects Control Panel. Remember that you are using After Effects, not Premiere. Anyway, you can find a Transform effect in the Distort category, where you can access to the parameters you are asking for once applied to your layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines