I actually want my accordion menu to overlap items. Here's the short and sweet for reference (for the record, I have zero issues with it pushing content down):
1. Added the accordion menu to the A-Master and sized it properly. Checked 'can close all' because I originally wanted it to push items down.
2. Added a vertical menu within the container and positioned it how I wanted it.
3. Bingo! Everything pushed content down perfectly at every breakpoint—again, it was set to 'can close all'.
4. Decided to see if it would overlap, so I unchecked 'can close all' and checked 'overlap items below'.
5. Problem: Soon as I checked 'overlap...' the vertical dropdown menu automatically dropped down and doesn't disappear when I click the menu button.
6. BTW, I'm not using a hamburger or any icon. I edited the text within the menu container to simply say 'MENU'.
Again, 'can close all' works fine. But doesn't set at 'overlap items...' I haven't seen any discussions related to this (I've searched and searched and googled).
Isn't the 'overlap' feature supposed to do this? Much appreciation for any tips or help here!
Is the accordion pinned?
If yes: Pinned elements aren’t allowed to influence others. The reason: Unpinned element flow behind pinned elements. But re-reading your post, I understand, that you don’t want elements below being pushed down, but stay fixed, correct?
Could you please share a small .muse file with us, containing only one page and only 3, 4 elements (the accordion and one element below), which show your issue?
You may use Dropbox, CC Files, or a similar file sharing service. Here you find some hints for sharing your .muse file: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652