• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting images from LR to PS CC 2018 freezes computer

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to export an image from LR to PS CC 2018, my Mac Pro freezes every time and I have to manually restart my computer.  Anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.  Updated to new version PS.  Worked for a bit.  Needed to shutdown.  LR images can not be open in PS.  Causes a crash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I feel better that someone else has the same issue.  Yes, this started after I updated PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into Camera Raw Preferences and uncheck "use graphics processor":

acr.png

When you export from Lr to PS, the image is silently opened in the background by ACR, using the Lr settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, now I think I have a different issue... my Mac freezes up when I try to open PS by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I un checked the graphics processor and still will not open in PS.  I have a feeling that I will need to update LR to the new version.  I keep getting the same pop up.

--- This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop camera raw version 9.2 for full compatibility.

I just installed Camera Raw.  Shut everything down and back up.  Still will not work opeining images from LR to PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

natalies39870141  wrote

This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop camera raw version 9.2 for full compatibility.

That message means exactly what it says. Lightroom and ACR need to be at corresponding version level.

When you open from Lightroom into Photoshop, it is actually ACR that opens the file into PS - using settings passed on from Lightroom. But with different versions, those settings may not mean the same thing! Or one may have a function that doesn't exist in the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  I updated everything on my Creative Cloud.  Camera Raw, LR, and PS are now updated.  I pick a file from LR to open up in PS.  then still get the same crash image comes up.  That is as far as I get.  I shut down restarted computer and still this is happening.IAMHATCHPS image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

D Fosse​  Up above are updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent a couple crash reports.  I have no idea if those even get to anyone that can help on those or see what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines