1 2 Previous Next 69 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2018 5:06 AM by mauricep59525993

Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Allanv2010 Level 1

I've been working on a project all day that requires heavy use of the pen tool and shapes made from the pen tool.  After I make a few shapes with the pen tool my program crashes.. I'm talking about alllllllll day long.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled but the problem still persists.  I have a copy of the crash log, but it is quiet long.. here is the beginning, if more of the report is needed please let me know.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

<crashreport serviceVersion="1.6.3" clientVersion="1.6.3" applicationName="Adobe Photoshop CC" applicationVersion="19.1.0" build="20180116.r.238">

<time year="2018" month="1" day="24" hour="15" minute="10" second="18"/>

<user guid="0b555226-db0f-42e9-8c95-388a07e34d6a"/>

<system platform="Windows 7 Professional" osversion="6.1" osbuild="7601" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-US" oslanguage="en-US" ram="16056" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 78 Stepping 3" cpuCount="4" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2400 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x000007FEBF3E65A0">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

Thanks for any suggestions or help you can offer!

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
          jbm007 Adobe Community Professional

Something you can try.

R-click the PS icon and bring up the properties menu and select "compatibility"

Select "run as administrator"  and try that.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
            Allanv2010 Level 1

I tried running as admin earlier, without going into the compatibility option, and it didn't help.  Currently, I am ridding my work PC of all Adobe products and trying a "fresh install".

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Make sure you try it with no add on apps or extensions first.

You also may want to check to see that your C ++ redistributeable files from Microsoft are up to date.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                Allanv2010 Level 1

I was running Photoshop completely stock without any add ons or extensions and the PC with the issues was completely up to date. Now my PC at home is doing the same thing. It worked absolutely fine yesterday.. Is it something wrong with my subscription, perhaps? I did just update my at home version 5 mins ago, maybe is it's the new update?

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                  weedobooty Level 1

I'm having the exact same issues since installing version Version: 19.1.0 20180116.r.238

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                    Allanv2010 Level 1

Last night at home, I put 19.0 back on my system instead of 19.1 and it literally took care of all my issues.  I'll double check on my work PC to confirm and report back.

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                      psteamscribe Adobe Employee

Folks:

So we've been looking at this crashing issue internally, and we haven't yet been able to reproduce it. Some questions for you all...

1. Are you working with the old Pen tool, the Freeform Pen tool, or the new Curvature Pen tool? Or some combination of all three, bouncing back and forth?

2. How many shapes in the files you're working with? How many unattributed paths? Layers? Groups?

3. Most importantly... Do you have a test file we could try to work with -- i.e. the file you're having the problems with? If yes, I would love to get a hold of the file. You can try emailing it to me at: efloch@adobe.com. Or, you can post to Dropbox or such and share it with me.

4. Once I have the file, any information on the steps you're taking to provoke the crash would be most helpful.

I played with the various Pen tools much of yesterday afternoon, trying to make PS crash, without success. So any help you all can provide would be fantastic. We would love to get to the bottom of this. Thanks so much for any help!

Eric Floch

Photoshop Quality Engineer

• 8. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                        JoeHoran Level 1

Same issue here since the latest update. Is there any way to roll back versions? Photoshop is constantly crashing while at work.

psteamscribe

1. Old pen tool

2. ~30 shapes, most of them turned off inside of groups. 5 groups total, ~15 layers in each with text

3. Don't have a good example file yet (NDAs) and it's a tough bug to repo. I'll try to come up with something though.

Seems to happen more often when using the free transform tool (ctrl+T) on shapes or drawing a new shape with the old pen tool.

• 9. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Joe:

To go back to a previous version:

1. Launch your Creative Cloud app. You should see Photoshop there, with an Open button.

2. Hit the disclosure triangle to the right of the Open button.

3. Choose Other Versions in the resulting menu. Select the previous version you want to install.

You should have no problem having multiple versions of PS installed on your machine.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try to repro.

If anyone else experiencing this problem DOES have a file they could send me, that would be very helpful.

Eric Floch

2 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                            Allanv2010 Level 1

1. Working with the old pen tool

2. I had a crash after making a 500x500 pixel circle, and made 2 pen shapes on it.  Also, had it crash when I was going crazy with the pen tool seeing if that was in fact what was causing my problem (prolly 20 shapes before it crashed).  The project I was working on when it crashed, I had like 2 groups with 2 shapes in each group nothing crazy.

3. I was opening a New project just to test and was getting constant crashes on New projects.  Didn't want to start working on a large project only to get frustrated.

• 11. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                              JoeHoran Level 1

psteamscribe Found an easy way to repo

- Create a new document (500x500, 72 res, rgb 8 bit white)

- Select elipse tool

- Make a circle with shift+alt, press numpad enter to confirm

- Select pen tool

- Control click circle to select shape

- Alt+click bottom anchor to made sharp edge

- Cntrol+shift+click drag bottom anchor down

- Press numpad enter to confirm

Edit:

Easier repo:

- new doc

- select pen tool

- create two points

- cntrl+click one point and move it somewhere (hovering away from the point then back seems to cause it more often)

- numpad enter

• 12. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Joe: Thanks for the steps! Unfortunately, I'm trying it here on my various machines and I can't get PS to crash with any of your steps. So, a question...

Are you all on Windows 7, or various versions of Windows? I know the original poster was running into this issue on a Win 7 machine. This COULD be a factor here... I'm on Win 10 on a fairly powerful machine (processor/memory-wise) and not (yet) able to reproduce the issue. I've also tried on a Mac running OS 10.13 and no luck so far. I'll keep at it.

Mats: Thank you for emailing your file! I've been playing around with it so far without luck. Same question for you -- Win 7 or something newer? Also, it looks like just about everything in that file has been rasterized already -- I'm only seeing one work path for one of the connecting lines. Is the correct? Or should the various groups of heads be paths? If so, is there an earlier version of the file you can send?

Sorry for the constant questions. Sometimes these issues can be hard for us to track down -- there are a TON of factors at play. But rest assured, we'll keep working at it until we can reproduce it here and figure out what's going on.

Thanks so much for your patience.

Eric Floch

• 13. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                  JoeHoran Level 1

Bummer. No worries on the questions, all too familiar with the QA process.

Repo for me was 100% of the time with the circle.

System:

Windows 10 Pro

16gb ram

i7-4790

GTX 780

Have an intous 3 Tablet plugged in (using mouse most of the time)

Workspace:

I had to go back a version and my workspace was cleared unfortunately. I tried to get as close to my original workspace with v19.0 so this may help?

JoeWorkspace2018.psw

• 14. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                    Allanv2010 Level 1

It happened to me on both my Windows 7 operating system at work, and my Windows 10 Pro at home. 

Home PC:

Windows 10 Pro

16gb RAM

Threadripper 1900x

3 Samsung SSD drives

GTX 1070 Graphics card

I'd say my home PC is pretty damn powerful, but still had the same crashing issues I was having on my work PC.

After reverting to the 19.0 build at home and at work I had ZERO issues with crashing on either computer.

• 15. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Joe & Allan:

That's great info. Thanks. Sounds like no one here is running into this issue on Mac, though. Is this correct?

If it's Windows only, that's help us narrow it down.

I'm peeved I haven't been able to get this to happen yet. Still trying. Thanks for all your help.

Eric Floch

• 16. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                        Allanv2010 Level 1

Eric,

I do not have a Mac to test this on, but I appreciate you taking the time to reply and work through it doing what you can to help!  Thanks for the help and hopefully we can get this resolve!

Thanks again,

Allan

• 17. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                          weedobooty Level 1

I'm on a laptop with Windows 7 and 16GB memory. I'm not using a Wacom tablet or anything.

In the file i sent, i just used the pen tool to draw out the lines between the boxes and then stroke the line (right click->Stroke path->Brush).

Using the pen tool to make a selection generates the same result. However, replicating this error isn't the easiest thing. Sometimes it crashes after just a few lines and sometimes i can draw paths for a minute before it crashes. I just open a new 1200x800px document and draw paths on the background layer. It crashes sooner or later every time.

• 18. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Windows 10 x64 OS

No crashes here.

Can someone post their crash report from the OS?

administrative tools/event viewer/windows logs/application

find the crash and select "copy as text" and post it here.

This looks like a .dll conflict with a users video driver to me.

1 person found this helpful
                                            • 19. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                              weedobooty Level 1

I'm on  win 7. I can't see that any log is being created on crash.

• 20. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                Allanv2010 Level 1

Won't be able to do that from my work PC as I don't have access to Admin Tools (our IT guy is awesome).  I would have to update at home back to 19.1 to be able to do that.  But honestly, 19.0 is working just fine for me at the moment.

• 21. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Allan:

Hey, so we're still digging around on this one. I still haven't been able to repro the crash, but we've got some more eyes on it now.

Quick question for you... Do you still have that crash log? The one you posted a bit of in the initial post on this thread?

If so, it would be really helpful for us. You can email it to me at efloch@adobe.com.

Thanks for any help.

Eric Floch

• 22. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                    Allanv2010 Level 1

Sadly, I do not have any crash reports.  I will re-install 19.1 and follow the same steps I was doing to see if I can get you a full crash report though.

If I can reproduce I'll send it right over!

Quick question, the original one I posted was very long. Do you need every bit of it?

• 23. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                      JoeHoran Level 1

jbm007 psteamscribe

I installed 19.1 on my recently formatted ASUS ROG laptop (completely different machine) and am getting a 100% (10/10) repo on the circle method I posted above

Windows event log:

Log Name:      Application

Source:        ESENT

Date:          1/26/2018 8:39:55 PM

Event ID:      916

Task Category: General

Level:         Information

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      DESKTOP-P0BIVLT

Description:

DllHost (9116,G,0) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="ESENT" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">916</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>1</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-27T02:39:55.650930300Z" />

<EventRecordID>767</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-P0BIVLT</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>DllHost</Data>

<Data>9116,G,0</Data>

<Data>

</Data>

<Data>EseDiskFlushConsistency</Data>

<Data>ESENT</Data>

<Data>0x800000</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Here is the adobe crash log:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<crashreport serviceVersion="1.6.3" clientVersion="1.6.3" applicationName="Adobe Photoshop CC" applicationVersion="19.1.0" build="20180116.r.238">

<time year="2018" month="1" day="26" hour="20" minute="35" second="3"/>

<user guid="90d2ecbf-9fba-4a72-a957-74d39d562582"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="16299" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-US" oslanguage="en-US" ram="16319" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3" cpuCount="8" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2592 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FF716486E83">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FF716486E83" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FF71648569B" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00007FF71649E150" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FF716499940" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FF71649E0AB" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="5" address="0x00007FF715A9A60C" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="6" address="0x00007FF715A9A694" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="7" address="0x00007FF715408DAC" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="8" address="0x00007FF71540998B" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="9" address="0x00007FF715409049" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="10" address="0x00007FF716416154" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="11" address="0x00007FF716419514" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="12" EndlessStack="TRUE"/>

</thread>

</backtrace>

<registerSet>

<register name="RAX" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

<register name="RBX" value="0x0000020000000000"/>

<register name="RCX" value="0x0000021C5AEEB2F0"/>

<register name="RDX" value="0x0000021C5DFBA1D0"/>

<register name="RSI" value="0x00000000FFFFFFFF"/>

<register name="RDI" value="0x0000021CA4B14DB0"/>

<register name="RSP" value="0x0000002A200FDBB0"/>

<register name="RBP" value="0x0000002A200FE100"/>

<register name="RIP" value="0x00007FF716486E83"/>

<register name="EFL" value="0x0000000000010206"/>

<register name="LastExceptionToRip" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

<register name="LastExceptionFromRip" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

</registerSet>

<binaryImageSet>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF70CF70000" end="0x00007FF7198BE000" path="adobe\Photoshop.exe"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2DC0000" end="0x00007FFFD2FA0000" path="ntdll.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0420000" end="0x00007FFFD04CE000" path="kernel32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF260000" end="0x00007FFFCF4C6000" path="KERNELBASE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCC9D0000" end="0x00007FFFCCA58000" path="apphelp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC0E90000" end="0x00007FFFC0EE7000" path="AcGenral.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0820000" end="0x00007FFFD08BD000" path="msvcrt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0620000" end="0x00007FFFD067B000" path="sechost.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD20E0000" end="0x00007FFFD21FF000" path="rpcrt4.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD08C0000" end="0x00007FFFD0911000" path="shlwapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2200000" end="0x00007FFFD2508000" path="combase.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF4D0000" end="0x00007FFFCF5C6000" path="ucrtbase.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF5D0000" end="0x00007FFFCF642000" path="bcryptPrimitives.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2510000" end="0x00007FFFD2538000" path="gdi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF670000" end="0x00007FFFCF803000" path="gdi32full.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF1C0000" end="0x00007FFFCF25B000" path="msvcp_win.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0920000" end="0x00007FFFD0AAF000" path="user32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF650000" end="0x00007FFFCF670000" path="win32u.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD04D0000" end="0x00007FFFD0619000" path="ole32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0B60000" end="0x00007FFFD1F96000" path="shell32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCFA90000" end="0x00007FFFCFADA000" path="cfgmgr32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0AB0000" end="0x00007FFFD0B56000" path="SHCore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCFAE0000" end="0x00007FFFD0227000" path="windows.storage.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2AE0000" end="0x00007FFFD2B81000" path="advapi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF110000" end="0x00007FFFCF121000" path="kernel.appcore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF150000" end="0x00007FFFCF19C000" path="powrprof.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF1A0000" end="0x00007FFFCF1BB000" path="profapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF010000" end="0x00007FFFCF040000" path="sspicli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF040000" end="0x00007FFFCF069000" path="userenv.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCA9B0000" end="0x00007FFFCA9CB000" path="mpr.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2000000" end="0x00007FFFD202D000" path="imm32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0290000" end="0x00007FFFD02FC000" path="ws2_32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC0730000" end="0x00007FFFC08CC000" path="GdiPlus.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC3F80000" end="0x00007FFFC4017000" path="mscms.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFAD400000" end="0x00007FFFAD51E000" path="opengl32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCA4C0000" end="0x00007FFFCA59E000" path="winhttp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC2E40000" end="0x00007FFFC2EC6000" path="winspool.drv"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF81160000" end="0x00007FFF8128F000" path="adobe\AdbePM.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC00F0000" end="0x00007FFFC0132000" path="adobe\CRClient.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF80DF0000" end="0x00007FFF81062000" path="adobe\opencv_core249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF81070000" end="0x00007FFF81156000" path="adobe\opencv_calib3d249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF80B30000" end="0x00007FFF80DE2000" path="adobe\opencv_imgproc249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFAD390000" end="0x00007FFFAD3FD000" path="adobe\opencv_video249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00000000548F0000" end="0x0000000054A2F000" path="adobe\icucnv40.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF80A20000" end="0x00007FFF80B2D000" path="adobe\adobe_caps.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF809A0000" end="0x00007FFF80A1A000" path="adobe\VulcanControl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF80790000" end="0x00007FFF808FD000" path="adobe\AdobeXMPFiles.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF80900000" end="0x00007FFF8099A000" path="adobe\VulcanMessage5.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2990000" end="0x00007FFFD2A55000" path="oleaut32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFAD340000" end="0x00007FFFAD384000" path="adobe\tbb.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000000006A400000" end="0x000000006A475000" path="adobe\cgGL.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFA64F0000" end="0x00007FFFA655C000" path="adobe\ahclient.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000054800000" end="0x00000000548EE000" path="adobe\AXEDOMCore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7FF90000" end="0x00007FFF8049E000" path="adobe\MPS.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF804A0000" end="0x00007FFF80787000" path="adobe\amtlib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7FDE0000" end="0x00007FFF7FF90000" path="adobe\AdobeLinguistic.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2540000" end="0x00007FFFD298E000" path="setupapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC00C0000" end="0x00007FFFC00E9000" path="adobe\CITThreading.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7F860000" end="0x00007FFF7FDDF000" path="adobe\PlugPlugOwl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7F790000" end="0x00007FFF7F853000" path="adobe\ExtendScript.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7F6D0000" end="0x00007FFF7F786000" path="adobe\SCCore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF810000" end="0x00007FFFCF9DE000" path="crypt32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCF130000" end="0x00007FFFCF142000" path="msasn1.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00000000547F0000" end="0x00000000547FF000" path="adobe\dnssd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7F3B0000" end="0x00007FFF7F43C000" path="adobe\manta.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7F440000" end="0x00007FFF7F6CC000" path="adobe\AdobeOwl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7F310000" end="0x00007FFF7F3AD000" path="msvcp140.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBD550000" end="0x00007FFFBD567000" path="VCRUNTIME140.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCDF80000" end="0x00007FFFCE02F000" path="dxgi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFB5600000" end="0x00007FFFB562C000" path="glu32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE730000" end="0x00007FFFCE769000" path="IPHLPAPI.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEC70000" end="0x00007FFFCEC95000" path="bcrypt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E7A0000" end="0x00007FFF7E7E4000" path="adobe\tbbmalloc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E7F0000" end="0x00007FFF7F30A000" path="adobe\svml_dispmd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCDA90000" end="0x00007FFFCDC58000" path="dbghelp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E440000" end="0x00007FFF7E797000" path="adobe\libmmd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E390000" end="0x00007FFF7E434000" path="adobe\opencv_flann249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCCD10000" end="0x00007FFFCCDB6000" path="msvcp120.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E2B0000" end="0x00007FFF7E386000" path="adobe\opencv_features2d249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCD260000" end="0x00007FFFCD34F000" path="msvcr120.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFA84E0000" end="0x00007FFFA88C5000" path="msi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E170000" end="0x00007FFF7E2AE000" path="adobe\AdobeXMP.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBDCB0000" end="0x00007FFFBDFE4000" path="wininet.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7E000000" end="0x00007FFF7E169000" path="adobe\AIDE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEB80000" end="0x00007FFFCEB8B000" path="CRYPTBASE.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000000CF0000" end="0x0000000001654000" path="adobe\cg.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000021C5C920000" end="0x0000021C5D667000" path="adobe\icudt40.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBF600000" end="0x00007FFFBF665000" path="ninput.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC5ED0000" end="0x00007FFFC5EDA000" path="version.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFB8B10000" end="0x00007FFFB8B29000" path="cldapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC18A0000" end="0x00007FFFC18E4000" path="aepic.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC6B30000" end="0x00007FFFC6B3A000" path="fltLib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE250000" end="0x00007FFFCE281000" path="ntmarta.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEB60000" end="0x00007FFFCEB77000" path="cryptsp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCCB40000" end="0x00007FFFCCBD5000" path="uxtheme.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE5B0000" end="0x00007FFFCE5E3000" path="rsaenh.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC1270000" end="0x00007FFFC14D9000" path="comctl32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DFA0000" end="0x00007FFF7DFF2000" path="sti.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2C20000" end="0x00007FFFD2D87000" path="msctf.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2030000" end="0x00007FFFD20CE000" path="clbcatq.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC00B0000" end="0x00007FFFC00BA000" path="wiatrace.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000021C5E9E0000" end="0x0000021C5EB60000" path="adobe\Photoshop.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000021C5EBC0000" end="0x0000021C5EE64000" path="adobe\PSViews.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000021C5DBA0000" end="0x0000021C5DBA3000" path="adobe\PSArt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCBCE0000" end="0x00007FFFCC298000" path="d2d1.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBCEC0000" end="0x00007FFFBD1CF000" path="DWrite.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCD600000" end="0x00007FFFCD62A000" path="dwmapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBD870000" end="0x00007FFFBD8BF000" path="dataexchange.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCB9F0000" end="0x00007FFFCBCD1000" path="d3d11.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCC380000" end="0x00007FFFCC4C2000" path="dcomp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCD6F0000" end="0x00007FFFCD86B000" path="twinapi.appcore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCD8E0000" end="0x00007FFFCD900000" path="rmclient.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DEC0000" end="0x00007FFF7DEFC000" path="C_G18030.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCADB0000" end="0x00007FFFCADB7000" path="msimg32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC40A0000" end="0x00007FFFC4138000" path="TextInputFramework.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC24E0000" end="0x00007FFFC27CE000" path="CoreUIComponents.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCC2A0000" end="0x00007FFFCC37C000" path="CoreMessaging.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCB110000" end="0x00007FFFCB246000" path="WinTypes.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCCF80000" end="0x00007FFFCD131000" path="propsys.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC89D0000" end="0x00007FFFC89D9000" path="IconCodecService.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC2C20000" end="0x00007FFFC2DCB000" path="WindowsCodecs.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DCD0000" end="0x00007FFF7DCED000" path="adobe\FastCore.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DBC0000" end="0x00007FFF7DCCA000" path="adobe\MMXCore.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DB10000" end="0x00007FFF7DBB9000" path="adobe\MultiProcessor Support.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DAD0000" end="0x00007FFF7DB08000" path="adobe\Plugin.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7D450000" end="0x00007FFF7DAC3000" path="adobe\HalideBottlenecks.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7C1D0000" end="0x00007FFF7CA8D000" path="adobe\Dicom.8bi"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCDDC0000" end="0x00007FFFCDDC9000" path="wsock32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC27D0000" end="0x00007FFFC27E7000" path="netapi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000180000000" end="0x0000000180027000" path="adobe\PSDX.8bi"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000000004FAD0000" end="0x0000000054655000" path="adobe\Camera Raw.8bi"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7D0A0000" end="0x00007FFF7D29E000" path="adobe\imslib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC4020000" end="0x00007FFFC402F000" path="wbemprox.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC5520000" end="0x00007FFFC55A1000" path="wbemcomn.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC4FD0000" end="0x00007FFFC4FE4000" path="wbemsvc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC30E0000" end="0x00007FFFC31D0000" path="fastprox.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DE40000" end="0x00007FFF7DE71000" path="adobe\Bib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DE00000" end="0x00007FFF7DE35000" path="adobe\BIBUtils.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DD80000" end="0x00007FFF7DDF9000" path="adobe\AdobeSVGAGM.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000001660000" end="0x0000000001A66000" path="adobe\SVGRE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7D2C0000" end="0x00007FFF7D445000" path="adobe\ACE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7BCF0000" end="0x00007FFF7C1C8000" path="adobe\AGM.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7CC80000" end="0x00007FFF7D097000" path="adobe\CoolType.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00000000547B0000" end="0x00000000547EB000" path="adobe\AXE8SharedExpat.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7DD30000" end="0x00007FFF7DD71000" path="icm32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7B540000" end="0x00007FFF7BCED000" path="adobe\ScriptingSupport.8li"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF7B3B0000" end="0x00007FFF7B53D000" path="adobe\Spaces.8li"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF754A0000" end="0x00007FFF7B3A8000" path="adobe\libcef.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2B90000" end="0x00007FFFD2B98000" path="psapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0300000" end="0x00007FFFD040A000" path="comdlg32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC6440000" end="0x00007FFFC6463000" path="winmm.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD0230000" end="0x00007FFFD0288000" path="wintrust.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC8640000" end="0x00007FFFC86AE000" path="oleacc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCDED0000" end="0x00007FFFCDEDC000" path="hid.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCB8D0000" end="0x00007FFFCB8E9000" path="usp10.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCB8B0000" end="0x00007FFFCB8C1000" path="credui.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF75400000" end="0x00007FFF75493000" path="adobe\chrome_elf.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEC40000" end="0x00007FFFCEC66000" path="ncrypt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBB760000" end="0x00007FFFBB7F6000" path="cryptui.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC1240000" end="0x00007FFFC124C000" path="secur32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCDC80000" end="0x00007FFFCDC93000" path="wtsapi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC4AC0000" end="0x00007FFFC4C8C000" path="urlmon.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC6BA0000" end="0x00007FFFC6D35000" path="d3d9.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC9310000" end="0x00007FFFC932A000" path="dhcpcsvc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCB7D0000" end="0x00007FFFCB7F2000" path="dxva2.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD2AC0000" end="0x00007FFFD2ADD000" path="imagehlp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC6410000" end="0x00007FFFC643A000" path="WINMMBASE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFD20D0000" end="0x00007FFFD20D8000" path="nsi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCA890000" end="0x00007FFFCA8F7000" path="wevtapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEC00000" end="0x00007FFFCEC36000" path="ntasn1.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC4250000" end="0x00007FFFC44E9000" path="iertutil.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCA4A0000" end="0x00007FFFCA4B8000" path="samcli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE830000" end="0x00007FFFCE83E000" path="netutils.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE2C0000" end="0x00007FFFCE315000" path="winsta.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF753A0000" end="0x00007FFF753F3000" path="adobe\WinRTSupport.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEF20000" end="0x00007FFFCEF47000" path="devobj.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFB4840000" end="0x00007FFFB487B000" path="rometadata.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC3310000" end="0x00007FFFC3904000" path="OneCoreUAPCommonProxyStub.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBD410000" end="0x00007FFFBD4B9000" path="StructuredQuery.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF751D0000" end="0x00007FFF7539C000" path="adobe\aif.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC7510000" end="0x00007FFFC7633000" path="Windows.StateRepositoryPS.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFB86A0000" end="0x00007FFFB8767000" path="Windows.Storage.Search.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCAC80000" end="0x00007FFFCACC4000" path="edputil.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000001A70000" end="0x0000000003C5A000" path="nvoglv64.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF75110000" end="0x00007FFF751CE000" path="adobe\updaternotifications.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC95E0000" end="0x00007FFFC95F7000" path="wkscli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC94B0000" end="0x00007FFFC9574000" path="taskschd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBEBA0000" end="0x00007FFFBEDF9000" path="nvspcap64.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC92F0000" end="0x00007FFFC9308000" path="nlaapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC9490000" end="0x00007FFFC94A6000" path="dhcpcsvc6.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC6670000" end="0x00007FFFC6792000" path="AudioSes.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCA9A0000" end="0x00007FFFCA9AA000" path="avrt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC8AC0000" end="0x00007FFFC8B2F000" path="MMDevAPI.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCD1F0000" end="0x00007FFFCD258000" path="wlanapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC0270000" end="0x00007FFFC02F1000" path="twinapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC4140000" end="0x00007FFFC4247000" path="Windows.UI.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCEF70000" end="0x00007FFFCF00A000" path="sxs.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF74880000" end="0x00007FFF748FE000" path="adobe\AdobePIP.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF745E0000" end="0x00007FFF74872000" path="adobe\LogSession.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBF560000" end="0x00007FFFBF575000" path="ondemandconnroutehelper.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE9A0000" end="0x00007FFFCEA06000" path="mswsock.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC9B00000" end="0x00007FFFC9B0B000" path="winnsi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE5F0000" end="0x00007FFFCE5FA000" path="dpapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBB320000" end="0x00007FFFBB38F000" path="msIso.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE770000" end="0x00007FFFCE826000" path="dnsapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBD1D0000" end="0x00007FFFBD404000" path="msxml3.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC8210000" end="0x00007FFFC821A000" path="rasadhlp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFBB420000" end="0x00007FFFBB4B5000" path="webio.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC7E10000" end="0x00007FFFC7E80000" path="FWPUCLNT.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFCE4F0000" end="0x00007FFFCE56A000" path="schannel.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF6D660000" end="0x00007FFF6E942000" path="nvopencl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF6D540000" end="0x00007FFF6D65F000" path="nvfatbinaryLoader.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFA95F0000" end="0x00007FFFA9A88000" path="nvapi64.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF6E950000" end="0x00007FFF6E9D5000" path="OpenCL.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC11F0000" end="0x00007FFFC1204000" path="mskeyprotect.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFB8B30000" end="0x00007FFFB8B5F000" path="cryptnet.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFFC1210000" end="0x00007FFFC1231000" path="ncryptsslp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFF6A6E0000" end="0x00007FFF6CD4D000" path="nvcompiler.dll"/>

</binaryImageSet>

<dumpType>

Mini

</dumpType>

</crash>

</crashreport>

• 24. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                        Allanv2010 Level 1

Eric,

I was able to reproduce and sent along my crash report to your email, also you have a crash report from JoeHoran in the forum post above. 

Hope our info helps you guys out, until then I'm reverting to 19.0 haha!

• 25. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                          weedobooty Level 1

Let me know how to grab the crash report (Windows 7) and i can contribute too. Reproducing the error is quickly done.

• 26. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                            jokerbug Level 1

Crashes consistently and I can reproduce over and over.

Crash report x3 sent in today around 3:30 Arizona Time.

User: jokerbug, Ray Marin

Using the Curvature Pen Tool on one shape. Added control points. Moved control points to get my curvature. Enter to commit and crashes every time almost immediately after pressing enter.

• 27. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                              williamp37561561 Level 1

This started happening to me this morning.  Running Windows 10, i7, 12 GB RAM.  I've used Photoshop (mostly in conjunction with Lightroom) for years but recently bought the 2018 Classroom in a Book to "up my game".  As soon as I got to the chapter on vector shapes and paths I started getting crashes -- about a dozen so far this morning.  Sometimes I get the Adobe Crash Report screen and sometimes the Windows crash screen (closing program, searching for solutions, etc....).  I've restarted the computer, turned GPU acceleration off and on with no change.

The file I'm using is 08Practice_Start.psd, but I get the same problem with a new, blank document.

Tried both the Pen tool and the Curvature Pen tool, both cause crashes.  I'm going to see what happens on my laptop next.  I can't recall it it's been updated to 19.1 or not.

Also: tried with both mouse and graphics tablet (Huion) with same results.

• 28. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                                edf95172342 Level 1

I have the same issue with latest software... crashes every time i try to use the magnetic lasso tool.... among other glitches with the latest version of Photoshop... ended up downgrading to CC2017....

• 29. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Folks:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your crash logs. We're still trying to reproduce this crash in house, and several of our engineers are working on diagnosing the problem.

Thanks for your patience as we try to sort this out.

Eric Floch

• 30. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

This problem is a windows creator issue.

This issue is running rampart on a lot of games forums.

From one of the forums. Adobe is just another app that is having issues.

Not all games are effected.

It looks like memory allocation issues.

Question

Sign in to vote

Am being significantly impacted by PC activity that is throwing this message.  There is some sort of problem that is throwing this message, but I have no idea if some aspect of EseDiskFlushConsistency or ESENT (whatever THEY are) is the culprit or if that is just a message that is a symptom of some other issue, such as malware (I run Norton).

I have two accounts on a ASROCK motherboard running an AMD processor with 8GB.  The normal (non-admin) MS account that I normally use seems to be working without difficulty. The local admin account (that I rarely use) is crippled by problems that has thrown thousands of "Information events" (62,506 [the max it will hold?]) in one 4 hour period this evening, but I have been fooling with this for most of the afternoon, so I suspect there were thousands more that were discarded..

I wanted to track down a problem with MS Outlook (Office 365) "restarting" arbitrarily several times a day (especially when editing a draft).  Following a suggestion, I signed out and logged into the admin local account.

It was unusable.  Slow as Christmas.

• Wanted to start sysconfig, but help box took 10 seconds to type each letter.
                                                                    • Minutes to load a page in Edge.
                                                                    • Task manager showed "Host Process for Windows Tasks", an independent process runningtaskhostw.exe, driving disk activity at 25-30%.  Went on and on, almost without pause.
                                                                    • Used Task Manager, the standalone Windows executable "Process Explorer", Event Viewer, and Resource Monitor to gather local performance data about the process, including vast numbers of these EseDiskFlushConsistency messages.  Logged out and looked the message up on browser. Tried rebooting, shutting down non-Windows services I don't need ("clean boot"), switching back and forth between the admin and non-admin accounts.
                                                                    • Finally, in Process Explorer, I killed the svchost.exe process tree that included taskhostw and UMont64.exe.  Momentary relief.
                                                                    • Then, after a little while, dllhost.exe ("COM Surrogate") started doing almost the same thing (high disk activity, same message except that it cites dllhost.exe). It would occasionally pause for a while (15-20 seconds or so) then start again. I killed the first one I found using Process Explorer, but another one jumped in.  I killed that one too.
                                                                    • Meanwhile, the Edge browser was running extremely slowly.
                                                                    • Logged out and back in again. taskhostw started acting up again and I killed it with PE again, this time only killing taskhostw, not the UMont64.exe process that was in the same tree.  Momentary relief. I ended up killing UMont64.exe, too. Momentary relief.
                                                                    • Starting Edge or Settings kicked off COM Surrogate/dllhost.exe with high disk activity.
                                                                    • Closed both Edge & Settings, but COM Surrogate just keep running at high disk activity.  I ran out of patience; it might have settled down on its own.
                                                                    • I checked for system file errors with DISM and sfc. Found nothing.
                                                                    • Once the taskhostw and dllhost tasks are killed the disk activity settles down, but the browser on the admin account is still too slow to be usable. I have seen taskhostw jump back in but not start driving the disk activity like before. I have also seen EseDiskFlushConsistency event messages that cite svchost and RuntimeBroker.
                                                                    • I am confident that going back into the admin account will just start taskhostw on a tear again.
                                                                    • I note that in the normal (non-admin) account COM Surrogate fires briefly when doing browser and settings activity but it then settles down quickly; and it never gets to the 25-30% of disk that it showed in the admin account.

I hope this (excessively long) narrative will offer a clue to someone who can fix this kind of thing.

Update the next day: After I posted this, I noticed last night, while logged into in the normal (non-admin) account, that I was still getting these notices, but not nearly as frequently; Task manager did not show anything unusual and performance did not seem excessive.  This morning, after waking up the PC in the normal account, in about 30 minutes I received another 25 of these messages, citingsvchost a couple of times, mostly RuntimeBroker, and once by SettingSyncHost (right as the computer woke up). Now, 10 minutes later, they seem to have stopped being thrown (of course, all I have done in those 10 minutes is edit this post and look at Event viewer). I'm going to

• 31. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Eric

Check my comments to your post.

Jim

• 32. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                                        williamp37561561 Level 1

I just completed an online support session.  We installed 2017 version and the problem went away.  I just turned on my (seldom used) laptop.  It is on version 19 and does NOT have the issue.  I'm installing 19.1 right now and will see if it has the crash issue.  The rep I worked with in the online session said it is a ”graphics problem.”  Note: I got crashes both with and without GPU acceleration turned on. 

• 33. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                                          williamp37561561 Level 1

Just updated my laptop from 19 to 19.1 and now the Pen tool crashes.  Note: my laptop has not been turned on for nine days, so it does NOT have any recent Microsoft or Intel patches.  Laptop is Windows 7 and desktop is Windows 10, both have the issue. 

• 34. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

OK so its random, it affects different applications, but it all relates

back to this beta app that a Microsoft patch appears to have installed.

I have 19.1 on and it does not crash using any tools.

I don,t know when windows did a update, and which is causing the problems.

Not all machines are effect, the complaints on the user forum were all

from windows 10 users who had this ESENT beta software install.

• 35. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                                              ChrLdx Level 1

I ran into this same problem and wrestled with it and wasted quite a few hours tonight

The pen tool and line tool both seemed to cause a crash consistenty, the pen tool always crashed after stroking a path with the brush selected. the canvas was 5000 w x 3000 h and 300 Dpi and I was zoomed in somewhat. I probably sent in about 8 crash reports.

I have a reasonably powerful computer, win10, 4core 4.1 ghz cpu, gtx 960 4gb, 16gb ram and I was running ps off an ssd.

I tried fiddling with photoshop settings and tried everything on the optimization page, tried plain old reset pc, upgraded graphics card drivers, reset preferences, nothing would make it stop, I think something between windows and the most recent update is making things unstable.

I have since gone back to version 19.0 and things seem stable so far so that seems to be a solid workaround for now

• 36. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                                                graphicshampeng Level 1

Same problem here. I guess I will be using an old version for a while.

• 37. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use
                                                                                  michaelm69906339 Level 1

For what it's worth, I'm having the same problem and it came up about the same time as everyone else.  Occurs when I use the pen tool AND when I try to manipulate the nodes on a line with the Direct Selection Tool.

Also, Photoshop 19.1 is running slower that normal.  For example, when I try to resize an object it hangs for a few seconds and when I hit < CTRL + 0 > to "fit to screen," the image disappears for a few seconds, then comes back fitted to screen.

Crash report below.  Windows 10.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<time year="2018" month="1" day="30" hour="9" minute="54" second="41"/>

<user guid="a0d1aabb-4ab7-4e11-b427-cef18a6e24a4"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Pro" osversion="10.0" osbuild="16299" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-US" oslanguage="en-US" ram="32667" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6920HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3" cpuCount="8" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2904 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FFD7CC00498">

<thread index="0">

<stackStatement index="0" address="0x00007FFD7CC00498" symbolname="PluginMain"/>

<stackStatement index="1" address="0x00007FFD7CC003F2" symbolname="PluginMain"/>

<stackStatement index="2" address="0x00007FF796ABF5BD" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="3" address="0x00007FF79793F67B" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="4" address="0x00007FF79793F7D0" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="5" address="0x00007FF797941D6B" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="6" address="0x00007FF79793EE37" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="7" address="0x00007FF797BC40C9" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="8" address="0x00007FF797B4936B" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="9" address="0x00007FF7973A565C" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="10" address="0x00007FF7973B0846" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="11" address="0x00007FF79828AB6B" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="12" address="0x00007FF798283C32" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="13" address="0x00007FF79830C220" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="14" address="0x00007FF79830C2C0" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="15" address="0x00007FF79832DF06" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="16" address="0x00007FF798351076" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="17" address="0x00007FF796C6A071" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="18" address="0x00007FF79832FB58" symbolname="boost::serialization::singleton&#60;boost::archive::detail::extra_detail::map &#60;boost::archive::xml_oarchive&#62; &#62;::get_instance"/>

<stackStatement index="19" address="0x00007FF79893B327" symbolname="deepcut::PostProc"/>

<stackStatement index="20" address="0x00007FFDC2981FE4" symbolname="BaseThreadInitThunk"/>

<stackStatement index="21" address="0x00007FFDC311EFB1" symbolname="RtlUserThreadStart"/>

</thread>

</backtrace>

<registerSet>

<register name="RAX" value="0x000001DCDE6FA000"/>

<register name="RBX" value="0x000000000000003E"/>

<register name="RCX" value="0x000000000000001C"/>

<register name="RDX" value="0x0000000000000004"/>

<register name="RSI" value="0x00000000000001AC"/>

<register name="RDI" value="0x000001DCDE6FA000"/>

<register name="RSP" value="0x000000697F8FE700"/>

<register name="RBP" value="0x000000697F8FEAC0"/>

<register name="RIP" value="0x00007FFD7CC00498"/>

<register name="EFL" value="0x0000000000010212"/>

<register name="LastExceptionToRip" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

<register name="LastExceptionFromRip" value="0x0000000000000000"/>

</registerSet>

<binaryImageSet>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FF78EE10000" end="0x00007FF79B75E000" path="adobe\Photoshop.exe"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC30B0000" end="0x00007FFDC3290000" path="ntdll.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2970000" end="0x00007FFDC2A1E000" path="kernel32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBFF80000" end="0x00007FFDC01E6000" path="KERNELBASE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBC8E0000" end="0x00007FFDBC968000" path="apphelp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9D560000" end="0x00007FFD9D5B7000" path="AcGenral.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2BB0000" end="0x00007FFDC2C4D000" path="msvcrt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2420000" end="0x00007FFDC247B000" path="sechost.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC0590000" end="0x00007FFDC06AF000" path="rpcrt4.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC3020000" end="0x00007FFDC3071000" path="shlwapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2480000" end="0x00007FFDC2788000" path="combase.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC0430000" end="0x00007FFDC0526000" path="ucrtbase.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF4B0000" end="0x00007FFDBF522000" path="bcryptPrimitives.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC1BE0000" end="0x00007FFDC1C08000" path="gdi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC01F0000" end="0x00007FFDC0383000" path="gdi32full.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC0390000" end="0x00007FFDC042B000" path="msvcp_win.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2A20000" end="0x00007FFDC2BAF000" path="user32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBFF00000" end="0x00007FFDBFF20000" path="win32u.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2D60000" end="0x00007FFDC2EA9000" path="ole32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC07A0000" end="0x00007FFDC1BD6000" path="shell32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC0530000" end="0x00007FFDC057A000" path="cfgmgr32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2200000" end="0x00007FFDC22A6000" path="SHCore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF530000" end="0x00007FFDBFC77000" path="windows.storage.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2830000" end="0x00007FFDC28D1000" path="advapi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF420000" end="0x00007FFDBF431000" path="kernel.appcore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF460000" end="0x00007FFDBF4AC000" path="powrprof.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF440000" end="0x00007FFDBF45B000" path="profapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF300000" end="0x00007FFDBF330000" path="sspicli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF330000" end="0x00007FFDBF359000" path="userenv.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB0B70000" end="0x00007FFDB0B8B000" path="mpr.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC22B0000" end="0x00007FFDC22DD000" path="imm32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC23B0000" end="0x00007FFDC241C000" path="ws2_32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB1FC0000" end="0x00007FFDB215C000" path="GdiPlus.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB6B40000" end="0x00007FFDB6C1E000" path="winhttp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBA5D0000" end="0x00007FFDBA667000" path="mscms.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA45C0000" end="0x00007FFDA46DE000" path="opengl32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB1E70000" end="0x00007FFDB1EF6000" path="winspool.drv"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA3F30000" end="0x00007FFDA3F72000" path="adobe\CRClient.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD92B00000" end="0x00007FFD92C2F000" path="adobe\AdbePM.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD904F0000" end="0x00007FFD905D6000" path="adobe\opencv_calib3d249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7C3D0000" end="0x00007FFD7C682000" path="adobe\opencv_imgproc249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7C150000" end="0x00007FFD7C3C2000" path="adobe\opencv_core249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9D4F0000" end="0x00007FFD9D55D000" path="adobe\opencv_video249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000063330000" end="0x000000006346F000" path="adobe\icucnv40.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8BAD0000" end="0x00007FFD8BBDD000" path="adobe\adobe_caps.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9B050000" end="0x00007FFD9B0CA000" path="adobe\VulcanControl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC06B0000" end="0x00007FFDC0775000" path="oleaut32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD900A0000" end="0x00007FFD9013A000" path="adobe\VulcanMessage5.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9ACB0000" end="0x00007FFD9ACF4000" path="adobe\tbb.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7DA40000" end="0x00007FFD7DBAD000" path="adobe\AdobeXMPFiles.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000000006A000000" end="0x000000006A964000" path="adobe\cg.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD95A00000" end="0x00007FFD95A6C000" path="adobe\ahclient.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7BE60000" end="0x00007FFD7C147000" path="adobe\amtlib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000063240000" end="0x000000006332E000" path="adobe\AXEDOMCore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC1DB0000" end="0x00007FFDC21FE000" path="setupapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD79850000" end="0x00007FFD79D5E000" path="adobe\MPS.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD70190000" end="0x00007FFD7070F000" path="adobe\PlugPlugOwl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7BCB0000" end="0x00007FFD7BE60000" path="adobe\AdobeLinguistic.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBFD30000" end="0x00007FFDBFEFE000" path="crypt32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF400000" end="0x00007FFDBF412000" path="msasn1.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9460000" end="0x00007FFDB9489000" path="adobe\CITThreading.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8BA00000" end="0x00007FFD8BAC3000" path="adobe\ExtendScript.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD85130000" end="0x00007FFD851E6000" path="adobe\SCCore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD795C0000" end="0x00007FFD7984C000" path="adobe\AdobeOwl.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8F200000" end="0x00007FFD8F28C000" path="adobe\manta.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000063230000" end="0x000000006323F000" path="adobe\dnssd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB0AD0000" end="0x00007FFDB0AFC000" path="glu32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9E0B0000" end="0x00007FFD9E14C000" path="msvcp140.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAE4B0000" end="0x00007FFDAE4C6000" path="VCRUNTIME140.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEA20000" end="0x00007FFDBEA59000" path="IPHLPAPI.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE270000" end="0x00007FFDBE31F000" path="dxgi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEF60000" end="0x00007FFDBEF85000" path="bcrypt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBDEB0000" end="0x00007FFDBE078000" path="dbghelp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD92AB0000" end="0x00007FFD92AF4000" path="adobe\tbbmalloc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD636E0000" end="0x00007FFD641FA000" path="adobe\svml_dispmd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD6FE30000" end="0x00007FFD70187000" path="adobe\libmmd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8DDF0000" end="0x00007FFD8DE94000" path="adobe\opencv_flann249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD84020000" end="0x00007FFD840F6000" path="adobe\opencv_features2d249.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBCFD0000" end="0x00007FFDBD076000" path="msvcp120.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBD550000" end="0x00007FFDBD63F000" path="msvcr120.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDACB70000" end="0x00007FFDACF55000" path="msi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7BB70000" end="0x00007FFD7BCAE000" path="adobe\AdobeXMP.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDABB70000" end="0x00007FFDABEA4000" path="wininet.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD65680000" end="0x00007FFD657E9000" path="adobe\AIDE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEE70000" end="0x00007FFDBEE7B000" path="CRYPTBASE.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000000550000" end="0x00000000005C5000" path="adobe\cgGL.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DCDD180000" end="0x000001DCDDEC7000" path="adobe\icudt40.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA55B0000" end="0x00007FFDA5615000" path="ninput.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5EC0000" end="0x00007FFDB5ECA000" path="version.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9A930000" end="0x00007FFD9A949000" path="cldapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAF630000" end="0x00007FFDAF63A000" path="fltLib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAFD90000" end="0x00007FFDAFDD4000" path="aepic.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEE50000" end="0x00007FFDBEE67000" path="cryptsp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE540000" end="0x00007FFDBE571000" path="ntmarta.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBCA10000" end="0x00007FFDBCAA5000" path="uxtheme.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9A710000" end="0x00007FFD9A7B9000" path="tiptsf.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE8A0000" end="0x00007FFDBE8D3000" path="rsaenh.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB05E0000" end="0x00007FFDB0849000" path="comctl32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD87220000" end="0x00007FFD87272000" path="sti.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2EB0000" end="0x00007FFDC3017000" path="msctf.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2790000" end="0x00007FFDC282E000" path="clbcatq.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA9A80000" end="0x00007FFDA9A8A000" path="wiatrace.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DCDF2C0000" end="0x000001DCDF440000" path="adobe\Photoshop.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DCDF440000" end="0x000001DCDF6E4000" path="adobe\PSViews.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DCDE610000" end="0x000001DCDE613000" path="adobe\PSArt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBBB60000" end="0x00007FFDBC118000" path="d2d1.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9CAF0000" end="0x00007FFD9CDFF000" path="DWrite.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBD8E0000" end="0x00007FFDBD90A000" path="dwmapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA3DE0000" end="0x00007FFDA3E2F000" path="dataexchange.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBB7F0000" end="0x00007FFDBBAD1000" path="d3d11.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBC3B0000" end="0x00007FFDBC4F2000" path="dcomp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBD9D0000" end="0x00007FFDBDB4B000" path="twinapi.appcore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBDB50000" end="0x00007FFDBDB70000" path="rmclient.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD928C0000" end="0x00007FFD928FC000" path="C_G18030.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB1F00000" end="0x00007FFDB1F07000" path="msimg32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDADD20000" end="0x00007FFDADDB8000" path="TextInputFramework.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBC150000" end="0x00007FFDBC22C000" path="CoreMessaging.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB7E00000" end="0x00007FFDB80EE000" path="CoreUIComponents.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBAC80000" end="0x00007FFDBADB6000" path="WinTypes.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBD270000" end="0x00007FFDBD421000" path="propsys.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAF660000" end="0x00007FFDAF67D000" path="adobe\FastCore.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7CBB0000" end="0x00007FFD7CCBA000" path="adobe\MMXCore.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD83CA0000" end="0x00007FFD83D49000" path="adobe\MultiProcessor Support.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD925C0000" end="0x00007FFD925F8000" path="adobe\Plugin.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD5E9C0000" end="0x00007FFD5F033000" path="adobe\HalideBottlenecks.8bx"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD5AFF0000" end="0x00007FFD5B8AD000" path="adobe\Dicom.8bi"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE090000" end="0x00007FFDBE099000" path="wsock32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA9C10000" end="0x00007FFDA9C27000" path="netapi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000180000000" end="0x0000000180027000" path="adobe\PSDX.8bi"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000000004FAD0000" end="0x0000000054655000" path="adobe\Camera Raw.8bi"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD625D0000" end="0x00007FFD627CE000" path="adobe\imslib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAB8C0000" end="0x00007FFDAB8CF000" path="wbemprox.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB4670000" end="0x00007FFDB46F1000" path="wbemcomn.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD904B0000" end="0x00007FFD904E1000" path="adobe\Bib.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB28B0000" end="0x00007FFDB28C4000" path="wbemsvc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD90360000" end="0x00007FFD90395000" path="adobe\BIBUtils.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB28D0000" end="0x00007FFDB29C0000" path="fastprox.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8B450000" end="0x00007FFD8B4C9000" path="adobe\AdobeSVGAGM.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000062E20000" end="0x0000000063226000" path="adobe\SVGRE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD60950000" end="0x00007FFD60AD5000" path="adobe\ACE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD5D480000" end="0x00007FFD5D958000" path="adobe\AGM.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD5CED0000" end="0x00007FFD5D2E7000" path="adobe\CoolType.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000062DE0000" end="0x0000000062E1B000" path="adobe\AXE8SharedExpat.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8B4D0000" end="0x00007FFD8B511000" path="icm32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5ED0000" end="0x00007FFDB6121000" path="msxml6.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DC82000000" end="0x000001DC82162000" path="adobe\WRServices.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD650C0000" end="0x00007FFD652C4000" path="adobe\AdobeHunspellPlugin.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DC821B0000" end="0x000001DC822B9000" path="adobe\WRLiloPlugin.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD62F30000" end="0x00007FFD636DD000" path="adobe\ScriptingSupport.8li"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD80120000" end="0x00007FFD801DE000" path="adobe\updaternotifications.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEB20000" end="0x00007FFDBEB2E000" path="netutils.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBAAF0000" end="0x00007FFDBAB07000" path="wkscli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBB230000" end="0x00007FFDBB2F4000" path="taskschd.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD654F0000" end="0x00007FFD6567D000" path="adobe\Spaces.8li"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD550E0000" end="0x00007FFD5AFE8000" path="adobe\libcef.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2960000" end="0x00007FFDC2968000" path="psapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC2C50000" end="0x00007FFDC2D5A000" path="comdlg32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBFF20000" end="0x00007FFDBFF78000" path="wintrust.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB1E00000" end="0x00007FFDB1E6E000" path="oleacc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE080000" end="0x00007FFDBE08C000" path="hid.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB95F0000" end="0x00007FFDB9613000" path="winmm.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD92580000" end="0x00007FFD92599000" path="usp10.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8C380000" end="0x00007FFD8C413000" path="adobe\chrome_elf.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBC320000" end="0x00007FFDBC331000" path="credui.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD75720000" end="0x00007FFD757B6000" path="cryptui.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB0EC0000" end="0x00007FFDB0ECC000" path="secur32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEF30000" end="0x00007FFDBEF56000" path="ncrypt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDABEB0000" end="0x00007FFDAC07C000" path="urlmon.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE0A0000" end="0x00007FFDBE0B3000" path="wtsapi32.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC0780000" end="0x00007FFDC079D000" path="imagehlp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8A890000" end="0x00007FFD8AA25000" path="d3d9.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD923F0000" end="0x00007FFD92412000" path="dxva2.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB8A10000" end="0x00007FFDB8A2A000" path="dhcpcsvc.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDC23A0000" end="0x00007FFDC23A8000" path="nsi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9D10000" end="0x00007FFDB9D77000" path="wevtapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9540000" end="0x00007FFDB956A000" path="WINMMBASE.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEEF0000" end="0x00007FFDBEF26000" path="ntasn1.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAB8D0000" end="0x00007FFDABB69000" path="iertutil.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9E40000" end="0x00007FFDB9E58000" path="samcli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB8520000" end="0x00007FFDB86CB000" path="WindowsCodecs.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE5B0000" end="0x00007FFDBE605000" path="winsta.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8E2C0000" end="0x00007FFD8E313000" path="adobe\WinRTSupport.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF210000" end="0x00007FFDBF237000" path="devobj.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8FC80000" end="0x00007FFD8FCBB000" path="rometadata.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB6540000" end="0x00007FFDB6B34000" path="OneCoreUAPCommonProxyStub.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA4D10000" end="0x00007FFDA4DB9000" path="StructuredQuery.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAFEC0000" end="0x00007FFDAFFE3000" path="Windows.StateRepositoryPS.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB50B0000" end="0x00007FFDB5177000" path="Windows.Storage.Search.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBC120000" end="0x00007FFDBC138000" path="nlaapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB8840000" end="0x00007FFDB8856000" path="dhcpcsvc6.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAE660000" end="0x00007FFDAE782000" path="AudioSes.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9EA0000" end="0x00007FFDB9EAA000" path="avrt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB25A0000" end="0x00007FFDB260F000" path="MMDevAPI.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBD4E0000" end="0x00007FFDBD548000" path="wlanapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAD0E0000" end="0x00007FFDAD161000" path="twinapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x0000000060BE0000" end="0x0000000062DDC000" path="nvoglv64.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAF860000" end="0x00007FFDAF967000" path="Windows.UI.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9AA0000" end="0x00007FFDB9AE4000" path="edputil.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD64400000" end="0x00007FFD644DF000" path="nvldumdx.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD5F040000" end="0x00007FFD60829000" path="nvwgf2umx.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB18A0000" end="0x00007FFDB1CC9000" path="nvapi64.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBF260000" end="0x00007FFDBF2FA000" path="sxs.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA4250000" end="0x00007FFDA4456000" path="uiautomationcore.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD89DD0000" end="0x00007FFD89E4E000" path="adobe\AdobePIP.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD62850000" end="0x00007FFD62AE2000" path="adobe\LogSession.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD95C80000" end="0x00007FFD95C95000" path="ondemandconnroutehelper.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEC90000" end="0x00007FFDBECF6000" path="mswsock.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB8A50000" end="0x00007FFDB8A5B000" path="winnsi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE8E0000" end="0x00007FFDBE8EA000" path="dpapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD98390000" end="0x00007FFD983FF000" path="msIso.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD98B20000" end="0x00007FFD98D54000" path="msxml3.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBEA60000" end="0x00007FFDBEB16000" path="dnsapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB05D0000" end="0x00007FFDB05DA000" path="rasadhlp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA99E0000" end="0x00007FFDA9A75000" path="webio.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB0CC0000" end="0x00007FFDB0D30000" path="FWPUCLNT.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBE7E0000" end="0x00007FFDBE85A000" path="schannel.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8DDD0000" end="0x00007FFD8DDE4000" path="mskeyprotect.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA7C00000" end="0x00007FFDA7C2F000" path="cryptnet.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD8B5E0000" end="0x00007FFD8B601000" path="ncryptsslp.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD5DD00000" end="0x00007FFD5DECC000" path="adobe\aif.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9C4B0000" end="0x00007FFD9C943000" path="explorerframe.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9FEB0000" end="0x00007FFDA005E000" path="dui70.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5D40000" end="0x00007FFDB5DD1000" path="duser.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9EC90000" end="0x00007FFD9ECEB000" path="thumbcache.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBBAE0000" end="0x00007FFDBBB5B000" path="policymanager.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBB330000" end="0x00007FFDBB3C0000" path="msvcp110_win.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9BD00000" end="0x00007FFD9BE87000" path="Windows.Globalization.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9EC20000" end="0x00007FFD9EC8A000" path="Bcp47Langs.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9AC50000" end="0x00007FFD9AC80000" path="globinputhost.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB98B0000" end="0x00007FFDB98BC000" path="atlthunk.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9650000" end="0x00007FFDB965B000" path="drprov.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB4B80000" end="0x00007FFDB4B96000" path="ntlanman.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB4B20000" end="0x00007FFDB4B3C000" path="davclnt.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB91D0000" end="0x00007FFDB91DC000" path="davhlpr.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9A290000" end="0x00007FFD9A2A2000" path="cscapi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD92420000" end="0x00007FFD9246A000" path="dlnashext.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9D6C0000" end="0x00007FFD9D723000" path="PlayToDevice.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9A3C0000" end="0x00007FFD9A3DF000" path="DevDispItemProvider.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDAF480000" end="0x00007FFDAF4C3000" path="WRusr.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB97C0000" end="0x00007FFDB97D2000" path="deviceassociation.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5200000" end="0x00007FFDB5254000" path="DropboxExt64.19.0.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5710000" end="0x00007FFDB5837000" path="NetworkExplorer.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9FB40000" end="0x00007FFD9FBAF000" path="PhotoMetadataHandler.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB9C70000" end="0x00007FFDB9D10000" path="PortableDeviceApi.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBD230000" end="0x00007FFDBD262000" path="PortableDeviceTypes.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD90CF0000" end="0x00007FFD90D97000" path="adobe\CoreSync_x64.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB62C0000" end="0x00007FFDB62F6000" path="EhStorShell.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5840000" end="0x00007FFDB5B56000" path="GROOVEEX.DLL"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD9DEC0000" end="0x00007FFD9DEE5000" path="EhStorAPI.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x000001DCB6B20000" end="0x000001DCB73A2000" path="GrooveIntlResource.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDBA770000" end="0x00007FFDBA781000" path="AcSignIcon.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD83160000" end="0x00007FFD83733000" path="mfc140u.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD98A70000" end="0x00007FFD98A98000" path="mssprxy.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD93560000" end="0x00007FFD93629000" path="cscui.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB5DE0000" end="0x00007FFDB5EB7000" path="ntshrui.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDA5DA0000" end="0x00007FFDA5DC6000" path="srvcli.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFDB56A0000" end="0x00007FFDB5709000" path="AcSignCore16.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x00007FFD7A240000" end="0x00007FFD7A440600" path="adobe\PSCloud.dll"/>

</binaryImageSet>

<dumpType>

Mini

</dumpType>

</crash>

</crashreport>

• 38. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Folks:

So I was finally able to reproduce the crash in house, via Joe's steps above, with ONE additional step. These crashes seem to be at least tangentially related to another bug we've been working on -- which one of the posters actually mentioned above -- a crash with the magnetic lasso tool. The operative factor with both bugs seems to be having Precise Cursor turned ON.

So let me ask you all... Are you all working with Precise Cursor turned ON -- either via Preferences (Prefs > Cursors > Precise setting for Painting and/or Other Cursors) or by simply keeping Caps Lock ON -- so the cursor appears as a crosshair?

This was the factor that got me crashing. Shame on me for not thinking of it earlier, but there you go. I would assume, given that many of you are working with paths and shapes on a very regular basis, that it's probably the case for all of you that you have this turned on.

If so, good news... We know what the problem is, we have a solid fix that should be coming out in a future release of Photoshop, and there's an easy workaround -- simply turn Precise Cursor OFF -- either via Preferences or by setting Caps Lock to OFF. If Precise Cursor is essential to your workflow, you should certainly go back to/continue to use Photoshop 19.0 for the time being (to go back to a previous version, please see the steps I posted in the thread above).

If you're NOT using Precise Cursor, please speak up and let me know on this thread. If there's something else going on here, we definitely want to figure out what's going on. But for me, that was absolutely the trigger cause of the crashes I was able to reproduce. WIthout Precise Cursor/Caps Lock ON, I could work all day with paths and shapes without crashing.

Thanks so much for all of your help. Please do let me know if you turn off Precise Cursor and are still crashing.

Eric Floch

• 39. Re: Photoshop CC 2018 Crashing after pen tool use

Neither one of those selection options effects my system .

No crashes, and I have tried every tool in PS

There has to be some other correlation else causing it.

Windows Creator x64 OS

1 2 Previous Next