• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Size of image upon OPENING.

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I OPEN an image now, after the last update it opens at 1% magnification and then I use CTRL+) it only magnifies to 16.8 so then I have to use CTRL+ to get it magnified to the size I want it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Hi. Chuck is not referring to a specific preference. Sometimes, the whole app's preference file can become corrupted (it's constantly being overwritten as you quit, so any glitch can cause a preference file issue). This can affect the working of the whole application, which may include the issue you're seeing (even if there's no specific preference for that function).

To reset the preferences (assuming you're on a Windows computer), make sure the app's shut down. Then, hold down Alt+Control+Shift

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your preferences? Also, if you want to zoom up fast, why don't you use ctrl-0 to zoom to fill the frame?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chuck,

Thank you for your response, sorry I have been away for a couple of days.

So there is nothing that I can see in preferences that gives you options in how to zoom in or out.

Exactly what in Preferences are you taking about.

I use CTRL+0 all the time but that is what I am saying is after the last update ...

Adobe Photoshop Version: 19.1.0 20180116.r.238 2018/01/16: 1153018  x64

it worked differently, something changed

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Chuck is not referring to a specific preference. Sometimes, the whole app's preference file can become corrupted (it's constantly being overwritten as you quit, so any glitch can cause a preference file issue). This can affect the working of the whole application, which may include the issue you're seeing (even if there's no specific preference for that function).

To reset the preferences (assuming you're on a Windows computer), make sure the app's shut down. Then, hold down Alt+Control+Shift and KEEP THEM held down as you start Photoshop. Don't let go of those keys, until it asks you if you wish to delete preferences. At that point, you can let go of the keys and hit "yes". This will set the application's preference back to factory defaults.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, brilliant, worked! Thx to everyone for your help.

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines