• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no export option under file, no ability to sync developed image to another image

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just loaded Lightroom CC onto a new laptop.  The program does not look familiar - totally different than the cloud version I have on my desktop at home.

I brought in RAW images, made adjustments to one and went to sync to the other images...and no sync button.  So I thought I would just manually adjust the few I want and export them out as a DNG.  Images are highlighted, but there is no export tab under FILE.

What is up?

Lightroom CC

Message was edited by: Kathy Morley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

You are probably thinking of the normal Lightroom. Adobe unfortunately chose to use the name of an existing product (Lightroom CC) for a completely new and separate program. They updated and renamed the existing Lightroom to "Lightroom Classic". That is the one that you are used to and that has the Sync features you are looking for. Lightroom CC is something quite different and it has only a tiny subset of the features that the normal Lightroom has. It does do one thing that Classic doesn't, whi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Lightroom CC (the cloud-based version), there never has been an "Export" Button. There is a save button with a few options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably thinking of the normal Lightroom. Adobe unfortunately chose to use the name of an existing product (Lightroom CC) for a completely new and separate program. They updated and renamed the existing Lightroom to "Lightroom Classic". That is the one that you are used to and that has the Sync features you are looking for. Lightroom CC is something quite different and it has only a tiny subset of the features that the normal Lightroom has. It does do one thing that Classic doesn't, which is that it stores all images in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. I had no idea they were two completely different programs.  I'm sure this is it...and I will download lightroom Classic now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah Adobe really made this unnecessarily confusing. Lots of people are by accident installing Lightroom CC and are really upset that everything changed not realizing that Adobe renamed the Lightroom that they know and love for something entirely different. Not a bad program in its own right but it is not "Lightroom." It is really best described as a port of the iPad/iPhone/Android version of Lightroom mobile to desktop operating systems. Very limited but built around a library in the cloud so your images always show up the same everywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines