• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Floating windows won't show images properly

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CS6, and when I make my windows float, the actual image doesn't stay in the center of the window, and I can't re-center it. It snaps back to how it should be when I click and hold the title bar, but once I release, it goes back to being messed up. It looks like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet  when it should look like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I've searched all over the place, but can't seem to find anyone with the same issue. I've tried disabling OpenGL, deleting preferences, reinstalling the entire program, and updated my graphics drivers, but nothing has worked so far...

Edit: It also happens when I change the application window size itself, even distorting the image I'm working on

Example:

Screenshot (3).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

I found what appears to have fixed it! If anyone else suffers from this, go to the .exe file where your Photoshop is installed, right-click it, select Properties, and under the Compatibility tab in the window that opens, check the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" box.

Thank you all for the replies

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop Preferences. When you start CS6?  Use Ctrl+Alt+Shift as soon as you start Photoshop before it displays its splash screen you should get a a dialog asking if you want your preference delete reply Yes.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to "Resize Windows to Fit" from Option Bar" when Zoom tool is Selected. But if the image size is bigger than Window it would be cut off:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies, but neither worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any third Party plug-in installed. Start Photoshop with the shift key held down. Skip loading third Party add-ons.  See if the windows are ok than.  CS6 is old I have never seen this problem reported in the past....

I have see missing windows floating windows frames but not your Problem. I did a searcg for you.

https://forums.adobe.com/search.jspa?sort=updatedDesc&place=%2Fplaces%2F1413024&q=CS6+Floating+windo...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any third party things installed. I've googled, and searched for it here, in every way I can think of without finding anything, so I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with Photoshop, or if it's Windows acting up somehow and only showing it through Photoshop... Thank you for your reply regardless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Display device driverinstalled in your OS the latest one available for your adapter.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found what appears to have fixed it! If anyone else suffers from this, go to the .exe file where your Photoshop is installed, right-click it, select Properties, and under the Compatibility tab in the window that opens, check the "Override high DPI scaling behaviour" box.

Thank you all for the replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry the is not correct for CC 2018.1  You can force other version to use windows scaling if you want to.  Both UI and Image will be scaled by windows  I find setting it to System(enhanced) is best.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines