3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2018 7:02 AM by gwood

Menu text in Photoshop CC 2018 goes "tiny" after latest update

gwood Level 1

The above says it all, really -- applied the latest update and all the drop-down menus have gone to the smallest text size they can, apparently.  I've spent several hours combing the Web for various solutions, none of which seem to work.  The only thing I *can* get the text to do is go to 200% size in the Preferences --> UI Font Size dialog box (which, of course, causes other things in the UI to get "clipped" because they no longer fit the screen).  Everything else is completely, utterly unresponsive, and just produces tiny text.  Selecting Auto instead of 200% used to work, but doesn't now.

My aged eyes can't work like this.  Anyone have any fresh ideas?  This is a Windows 7 machine upon which Photoshop was working fine until today.  Nothing else has changed in the setup or operation of the machine for the last few months.

• 1. Re: Menu text in Photoshop CC 2018 goes "tiny" after latest update
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

You may need to update your windows 7 registry and add and external manifest file into Photoshop folder for Photoshop.exe and use Windows 7 scaling.  CC 2018.1  UI scaling Preferences no longer has any function on Window 10 I do not know if it does anything on Windows 7.  CC 2018 old UI scaling was replaced for Windows 10.  I do not know if the old broken UI scaling is available any more for windows 7 and windows 8.1.   The update only stated High resolution scaling now works with Windows 10.  Or install CC 2017

• 2. Re: Menu text in Photoshop CC 2018 goes "tiny" after latest update
            indiad61529206

Same here, but I'm using Windows 10. I simply can't read the menus since the most recent update, and the tiny little arrows on the left side of the UI are so small I can't use the fly out menus either. I tried going to UI 200% and it made it way too big. I tried adjusting my UI scaling in Windows, but even going from 125% to 150% simply made it go to the same huge size as the UI 200% setting.

• 3. Re: Menu text in Photoshop CC 2018 goes "tiny" after latest update
              gwood Level 1

I've "rolled back" the latest update to the previous release of Photoshop CC 2018 (19.0.1), which has "fixed" the problem.  For now, and until I receive some indication that Adobe's more comprehensively addressed this issue than to date, I'm simply going to say "no" to every new update they try to push via Creative Cloud.  At their present rate, I suspect I'll have to withhold updating for at least a year.  That's okay (though a bit galling), 'cause 19.0.1 does everything I want.  19.1.0 makes Photoshop almost unusable for me.