This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
that has a lot of room for improvement. here's a start with your alpha decrease with successive vines:
wow, thanks a ton!
i think i get most of what you've done. If you have a minute though, could you comment some of the changes? i want to make sure I understand what you've done.
1. i used a setInterval() loop (with updateAfterEvent()) instead of an onEnterFrame loop to speed processing and increase smoothness.
2. i removed the extra (onEnterFrame) loops to decrease unneeded loops and further speed processing.
3. i changed the color handling so all shades of green would be used instead using only the darkest shades (which all look like black or off-black).
4. i added a valpha parameter to your lineStyle()'s alpha parameter so it could be adjusted whenever a new vine branch is created.
5. i used clearInterval() to terminate the loop and vine drawing just prior to the 10th vine branch creation.
awesome. thanks again & much appreciated!